What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » -~ tested - wouter's openconvo notifier in msn 7.. with msn 7 contacts ~-

-~ tested - wouter's openconvo notifier in msn 7.. with msn 7 contacts ~-
Author: Message:
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
O.P. Dodgy  -~ tested - wouter's openconvo notifier in msn 7.. with msn 7 contacts ~-
first of all.. - i feel like i'm an advertisement :( of this plugin... i keep on mentioning it.

second of all.. - i was as shocked with the results of this as you could/should be.

but anyway here u go... i got msn 7 beta, and installed the openconvo notifier, just to see if it would work and how... i in a very geeky way... tested it out with friends who have msn 7 and 6.2... these are the results: 8-|

with the contacts that have msn 6.2, the notifier worked as well as usual... theres no "false" notifications at all...

with contacts who have the beta 7 version of msn messenger, the strange and unexpected news is that this plugin worked pretty well too :)... there were NO false notifications at all... (even when they changed their DP, or opened my contact card) maybe because i did not try out the plugin for a longer period of time (just like 6 hours 8-| ... yes i must have no life :$)... or maybe for some other reason, i did not get false notifications. i dunno.. i'm just stating what happened.

the only problem that i found with it was this... - with contacts who have msn 7 beta, it DID NOT notifiy sometimes when the contact opened my convo window... :S ... but notified everytime they closed it.. (which kinda can give u a hint at who opened it in the first place)

... when i used the openconvo notifier with my msn 6.2 - with contacts who have msn 7 ... i did get some false notifications of them opening a window with me.

.. when i used it with people who use 6.2 - .. it notified normally as usual. blah blah blah....

~~~ anyway... these are just the results i got ... please post what u know or what u experienced with THIS plugin and msn 7..... i wanna know how reliable THIS plugin is with msn 7... cuz i was SHOCKED that it was pretty much accurate with contacts who have msn 7... ~~~ 

-------- .. umm... i'm not too literate when it comes to msn 7... i read the threads and stuff about why openconvo does not/ (in my case should not) work with msn 7 but if somebody can explain it to me in ... simpler words... ... or maybe i missed something... it would be greatly appreaciated... :$ -------
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

02-14-2005 02:51 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
-~ tested - wouter's openconvo notifier in msn 7.. with msn 7 contacts ~- - by Joa on 02-14-2005 at 02:51 AM
RE: -~ tested - wouter's openconvo notifier in msn 7.. with msn 7 contacts ~- - by Cromp on 02-14-2005 at 03:01 AM
RE: -~ tested - wouter's openconvo notifier in msn 7.. with msn 7 contacts ~- - by L. Coyote on 02-14-2005 at 03:01 AM
RE: -~ tested - wouter's openconvo notifier in msn 7.. with msn 7 contacts ~- - by Cromp on 02-14-2005 at 03:03 AM
RE: -~ tested - wouter's openconvo notifier in msn 7.. with msn 7 contacts ~- - by L. Coyote on 02-14-2005 at 03:06 AM
RE: -~ tested - wouter's openconvo notifier in msn 7.. with msn 7 contacts ~- - by Joa on 02-14-2005 at 03:07 AM
RE: -~ tested - wouter's openconvo notifier in msn 7.. with msn 7 contacts ~- - by TheBlasphemer on 02-14-2005 at 06:29 AM
RE: RE: -~ tested - wouter's openconvo notifier in msn 7.. with msn 7 contacts ~- - by saintgtril on 03-27-2005 at 03:14 AM
RE: -~ tested - wouter's openconvo notifier in msn 7.. with msn 7 contacts ~- - by Joa on 02-14-2005 at 02:42 PM
RE: -~ tested - wouter's openconvo notifier in msn 7.. with msn 7 contacts ~- - by Joa on 03-27-2005 at 03:35 AM
RE: -~ tested - wouter's openconvo notifier in msn 7.. with msn 7 contacts ~- - by absorbation on 03-27-2005 at 09:54 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: