What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » NickEXP!2 -- Released.

NickEXP!2 -- Released.
Author: Message:
ginge

BetterMSN Author

42 / Male / –
RE: NickEXP!2 -- Released.
These are not slagging it off, but suggestions for how to improve it...

The illegal nick name changer is OK, but not great, the one I am developing does it automatically, by using a list of banned words and not relying on the user identifying them.

Why can't you do a gradient for the background, that would be cool.

Nick Styler rocks, really nice (Ginge thinks about stealing ideas...)

I still don't like the interface, what's wrong with standard Windows style?

It would be easier if illegal nick and nick styles were integrated into the main window.

You still don't have that many gradient options, and you have to apply them with the apply button, its much easier if they auto apply.

I still hate the apply to selected text/apply to all, but to be fair I can't think of a better way to do it (alternative ways yes, but not better)

Why can't bold/italic/unline be check boxes or something, rather than two separate buttons for on and off.

The main problem is that if you want to set your nick to a gradient colour, you can't make it more than about 10 characters or you overflow the limit of a nick. If you take a look at BetterName you can see that it dynamically and cleverly drops formatting, in such a way as to minimise how noticeable it is to the user, allowing much longer nicknames with gradients. Why not add this?

And any chance of changing the BetterMSN name to a hyperlink in your About dialog box ;)
01-31-2003 09:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
NickEXP!2 -- Released. - by ~Taz on 01-31-2003 at 06:45 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: