What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » [split] Need help removing the sponsor

[split] Need help removing the sponsor
Author: Message:
PenguinBoy

indude

35 / Male / –
RE: [split] Need help removing the sponsor
i'm also having a problem removing the sponsor and the guide isn't helping me. i clumbsily installed the sponsor on a msgplus! update. i followed the said procediure, but when i got to the last step...

"The sponsor screen is now displayed (if you don't see it, search for it in your Task Bar). To prove that someone is currently reading the screen, you have to type the code that is displayed. See screenshot below for an example. Once you enter the code, press Uninstall."

... no "sponsor screen" was showed. so i clicked change/remove again and it said something like "Note:Msgplus! detects that you do not have the sponsor installed" but after looking back on IE and onto the desktops, it still persists. after rebooting, it still remained. so i went back to the Add/Remove programs window. and decided for uninstalling msg altogether and reinstalling it without the sponsor. so i uninstalled msgplus, and to my horror the sponsor remains! so i was wondering if there are any seperate removal tools? or any manual ways i could remove it?

I'm currently without msgplus! but WITH the sponsor!
05-02-2005 08:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: