What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Problem with log-files: Participants' nickname shouldn't get cropped at the end.

Problem with log-files: Participants' nickname shouldn't get cropped at the end.
Author: Message:
aadnk

O.P. Problem with log-files: Participants' nickname shouldn't get cropped at the end.
I'm currently developing an application that can parse Messenger Plus!-logs and, among other things, make them searchable and more browseable. The problem is that the participants' nickname of a given session is often listed, due to an increadible lenght of the name, with the ending insted of the beginning:

quote:

.--------------------------------------------------------------------.
| Session Start: 9. februar 2004                                     |
| Participants:                                                      |
|    CompHeNix (kr_stang@hotmail.com)                                |
|    ...elskap hos søskenbarnet mitt! (alexander_sola@norse-tech.no) |
.--------------------------------------------------------------------.

Since the name in the conversation however is listed with the beginning, it's hard for a program to determine which message that belongs to which user:

quote:

[22:37:31] CompHeNix: hello
[22:37:41] ALi: http://: Peace

I've somehow managed to work out an algorithm that first corresponds the users that can be corresponded, and then just assumes that the remaining messages belongs to the first user without any message corresponded. But this is far from perfect, especially in session with many users chatting at once. And, when no user can be corresponded, the session just becomes one heck of a incomprehensible mess

What I'd like is that the nickname-listing was more consistent - that the nickname in the participant-list was more or less equal to those used in the conversation.

But other than that, the chat-log feature is very good. In my opinion, it is far superior to the logging in MSN Messenger, as this dosen't include the email of the participants, leaving the user-identification nearly impossible.

Keep up the good work! ;)
07-08-2005 03:09 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Problem with log-files: Participants' nickname shouldn't get cropped at the end. - by aadnk on 07-08-2005 at 03:09 AM
RE: Problem with log-files: Participants' nickname shouldn't get cropped at the end. - by CookieRevised on 07-08-2005 at 12:08 PM
RE: Problem with log-files: Participants' nickname shouldn't get cropped at the end. - by aadnk on 07-08-2005 at 02:58 PM
RE: Problem with log-files: Participants' nickname shouldn't get cropped at the end. - by CookieRevised on 07-08-2005 at 03:08 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: