What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » GDI GDI Resource Leaks

GDI GDI Resource Leaks
Author: Message:
_Guido_

42 / Male / –
O.P. GDI GDI Resource Leaks
Hey!,
I think I've found some GDI Resource Leaks:
I've ran MSN Messenger (7.5.0299) with Messenger Plus 3.61.145 through GDIUsage to trace GDI resource usage snapshots.
The bug is:
I take a snapshot of MSN without any conversation window opened. Just the user list.
Then I open a Conversation Window, close it and take another snapshot. The logic says that the GDI resource usage count must remain the same. But there are two resources that remain allocated: a Bitmap and a MemDC. Then I inspect the MemDC and it contains the bitmap that's placed to the left of the input box (the one with the Plus logo and the little speaker).
This happens everytime I open and then close the window... so, for every open-close (I've not tried typing yet), 2 GDI resources get leaked.

--- EDITED: Removed another suspected leak ---

Although I'm pretty busy, I'll try to keep searching for these leaks (I had to do it because I work also with flash and development IDEs, and everytime i checked the GDI resource usage, MSN was in it's 1400 or so resources -compared to the 300 or so that get allocated on execution and login-).

Kind Regards,
Guido Scalise
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria

Edit: I've double checked the "leak" in About dialog and It wasn't a leak really.

This post was edited on 10-06-2005 at 11:13 AM by _Guido_.
10-06-2005 11:11 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
GDI GDI Resource Leaks - by _Guido_ on 10-06-2005 at 11:11 AM
RE: GDI GDI Resource Leaks - by Patchou on 10-12-2005 at 05:36 PM
RE: RE: GDI GDI Resource Leaks - by _Guido_ on 10-12-2005 at 06:20 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: