What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Feature Suggestion: Auto-reply (not what you think!)

Feature Suggestion: Auto-reply (not what you think!)
Author: Message:
aC23

– / Male / –
O.P. Feature Suggestion: Auto-reply (not what you think!)
I've searched the forums for a thread like this, and didn't find one. I always have a feeling of accomplishment when I'm the first to think of a new idea for Plus! :)

I'd like to see an Auto-Reply system in Plus!, kinda like the one in MessengerDiscovery. I've suggested it many times in the forums there, but no concrete answers have been given to me.

This is basically what it does:
User adds a word to the Auto-Reply wordlist such as "hi" for example, and a response of "what's up"

Example:

SomeGuy says: hi
Me says (automatically): what's up

And a '|' would seperate the different types of responses given to a word.

i.e: I add the word "hi" to the Auto-Reply word list, and add the following to the response list:  what's up | how are you | how's it going?   etc

And as a last feature, a '*' would be the wildcard.
i.e: I add the word "hi*" to the word list, and a response of "what's up"
This would mean that even if the user says "hi sdkjfdsjsdfhfsdkjhf" it would still recognize the Auto-Response and say it "what's up"

Note: the * would be able to go before or after the intended word(s).

This post was edited on 10-27-2005 at 04:29 PM by aC23.
10-27-2005 04:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Feature Suggestion: Auto-reply (not what you think!) - by aC23 on 10-27-2005 at 04:28 PM
RE: Feature Suggestion: Auto-reply - by absorbation on 10-27-2005 at 04:29 PM
RE: Feature Suggestion: Auto-reply (not what you think!) - by aC23 on 10-27-2005 at 04:31 PM
RE: Feature Suggestion: Auto-reply (not what you think!) - by absorbation on 10-27-2005 at 04:34 PM
RE: Feature Suggestion: Auto-reply (not what you think!) - by aC23 on 10-27-2005 at 04:42 PM
RE: Feature Suggestion: Auto-reply (not what you think!) - by DJKAL on 10-27-2005 at 06:53 PM
RE: Feature Suggestion: Auto-reply (not what you think!) - by Sunshine on 10-27-2005 at 07:02 PM
RE: Feature Suggestion: Auto-reply (not what you think!) - by CookieRevised on 10-27-2005 at 10:53 PM
RE: Feature Suggestion: Auto-reply (not what you think!) - by aC23 on 10-28-2005 at 02:00 AM
RE: Feature Suggestion: Auto-reply (not what you think!) - by CookieRevised on 10-28-2005 at 02:11 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: