What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Weird problem, can anyone help please...

Weird problem, can anyone help please...
Author: Message:
kierant

Can you still feel the butterflies?

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Weird problem, can anyone help please...
Thanks for the replies everyone...

quote:
sorry for the delay ..i was just reading about this..in some notes my friend made though i cant find his source..( i had the same problem)and he gave me the notes.and the solution worked

you need to do a registry fix..do you have reg mechanic?..or do you have XoftSppy or NIS?
if so do a scan then a reg fix and clean..it should fix your problem.

I downloaded Registry Mechanic which found rather a lot of registry errors, but it says I must register (hence pay) to fix the problems. Am I missing something here? And XoftSpy only found '2 unknown errors' so  I didn't delete them just incase.

quote:
I had the same problem after installing uxtheme.dll, but it only happens if I try to scroll through the pictures. I'd say that the reg. fix would be good idea as well. Just make sure you backup your registry before doing the clean!

Yeah sorry I didn't specify too well, it only happens to me too when I actually scroll through the pictures. What's uxtheme.dll and is it likely I installed that too?

quote:
I guess that it could be a corrupt file, and I'd reinstall Windows to fix that.

If I can't fix it with a registry scan I may well do, but it may be more hassle than it's worth...
02-14-2006 12:11 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Weird problem, can anyone help please... - by kierant on 02-10-2006 at 11:31 AM
RE: Weird problem, can anyone help please... - by kittymew on 02-12-2006 at 09:27 PM
RE: Weird problem, can anyone help please... - by Ghost_Stalker on 02-13-2006 at 10:02 PM
RE: Weird problem, can anyone help please... - by rav0 on 02-14-2006 at 07:08 AM
RE: Weird problem, can anyone help please... - by kierant on 02-14-2006 at 12:11 PM
RE: Weird problem, can anyone help please... - by Ghost_Stalker on 02-14-2006 at 02:26 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: