What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Short story help

Short story help
Author: Message:
zach

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Short story help
quote:
Originally posted by joe cool
“Oh no,” he whispered as the fog cleared instantly in his mind, leaving him with a sickening feeling of guilt that would never leave him for as long as he lived.
“What have I done?”
He was inside an unfamiliar bedroom in the dead of night. It was a girl’s bedroom and he struck on her head savagely three times as she slept with his baseball bat that had been last year’s Christmas present. He looked at her ruined face that had probably been pretty less than a minute ago. She couldn’t have been more than six years old. Her head had been cracked like an egg from the force of the blows upon her. Blood was dripping from the gashes in her head as well as flowing out of her mouth, nose, and most distressingly of all, from her eyes onto her soft lilac pillow and her Barbie pajamas. It was beginning to form a thick puddle on the white carpet below. It had also covered the brown, fluffy teddy bear that she still clutched tightly in her arms and the poster of a unicorn standing on a hill in the moonlight on the moonlight on the wall behind the bed.
The killer put a trembling hand to his mouth to stop the scream that was trying to escape from his lungs. Tears began to pour uncontrollably down his face as he made his way slowly and quietly out of the house through the dining room window which he had apparently broken in.
Wow, the whole story changes there! If I was you, I would drop that part :P But I'm guessing that's what you were planing to write from the start.

ENDING:
...through the dining room window which he had apparently broken in... through. It appeared that no one had heard what happened; the neighbourhood was still asleep. Early in the morning the next day, things had changed. There wasn't one person who didn't know what had happened. The police were everywhere you looked but they were unnecessary as the body had been found. Lying there, dead just outside the house.
02-18-2006 12:11 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Short story help - by Joe on 02-17-2006 at 02:43 PM
RE: Short story help - by qgroessl on 02-17-2006 at 02:48 PM
RE: Short story help - by *Saint* on 02-17-2006 at 02:53 PM
RE: Short story help - by qgroessl on 02-17-2006 at 02:54 PM
RE: Short story help - by Joe on 02-17-2006 at 02:55 PM
RE: Short story help - by qgroessl on 02-17-2006 at 02:59 PM
RE: Short story help - by linx05 on 02-18-2006 at 09:21 AM
RE: Short story help - by zach on 02-18-2006 at 12:11 PM