What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Microsoft Broadband Networking Utility

Microsoft Broadband Networking Utility
Author: Message:
TReKiE
Elite Member

41 / Male / Flag
RE: Microsoft Broadband Networking Utility
quote:
Originally posted by hypedupmonkey
1. Do you need Microsoft Wireless Hardware to run this software?
Nope, it'll just disable itself if you don't have the Microsoft hardware installed.

quote:
2. Would this software be the cause of this system failure?
Maybe... but doubtful.

quote:
3. Would because I wasn't running Microsoft Wireless Hardware with the application cause this failure?
Nope, I've installed this silly utility on lots of PCs (laptops actually) where the hardware was not always plugged in and another WiFi card was installed at least some of the time.  It was fine.

However, just to clarify, there is no need for this utility (although the wizard is apparently useful, which I've never used).  You can actually just plug in any of the Microsoft WiFi hardware and when prompted for the drivers, just point it to the CD (without installing anything) and then it will simply install the drivers without the utility thus allowing you to use the built-in XP wireless applet.
[Image: favicon.ico] Jonathan Kay

Note: I am not Dutch, but not from lack of trying :P
02-24-2006 10:45 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Microsoft Broadband Networking Utility - by hypedupmonkey on 02-24-2006 at 10:21 PM
RE: Microsoft Broadband Networking Utility - by TReKiE on 02-24-2006 at 10:45 PM
RE: Microsoft Broadband Networking Utility - by hypedupmonkey on 02-24-2006 at 10:53 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: