What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » How to Turn off Chat Logs!!

How to Turn off Chat Logs!!
Author: Message:
h3LLf1r3

O.P. How to Turn off Chat Logs!!
Hello,

I recently got into some trouble because of logs taken by Messenger Plus. I had absolutely no idea that it was taking logs, since I had never turned that on and I didn't think it would be on by default. Unfortunately, I now cannot find how to turn OFF chat logging. I go into the MSGPlus Preferences and go to Logging and   I uncheck "Automatically log all my chats by default" but it still logs them. So I set an encryption password on the logs, and it asks me for the password with each new conversation. If I hit cancel, it does not generate logs. So now I am clicking cancel each time, which is ANNOYING! How can I turn this off!!?? If this continues, I may uninstall MsgPlus, because I simply cannot allow for this to happen. Thanks for your help.

EDIT: In the MSN options, I have also unchecked "Automatically keep a history of my conversations". The folder that these were saved in was "My Documents\My Chat Logs", which is the MSG Plus logging folder.

// Hellfire

This post was edited on 04-04-2006 at 04:05 AM by h3LLf1r3.
04-04-2006 03:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
How to Turn off Chat Logs!! - by h3LLf1r3 on 04-04-2006 at 03:47 AM
RE: How to Turn off Chat Logs!! - by RaceProUK on 04-05-2006 at 08:53 PM
RE: How to Turn off Chat Logs!! - by comrade93 on 05-20-2007 at 09:04 PM
RE: How to Turn off Chat Logs!! - by CookieRevised on 05-21-2007 at 12:41 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites