What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Sharing Printers on Local Network [Problem]

Sharing Printers on Local Network [Problem]
Author: Message:
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
O.P. Sharing Printers on Local Network [Problem]
I have a slight problem with sharing my printers over the local network and I would appreciate if someone would be able to help me to resolve the problem.

The problem is that one PC does not seem to be able to print on the shared printers. However, the other PCs can print from its printer. The PC that is having the problem is a P3 it is 500 Mhz and it is running on XP SP2

The shared printers appear on the PC on a piece of software I use to manage the network. Although on the printers page in control panel and the printing menu in Microsoft Word the shared printers do not show up. Note: The problem still happens with that software uninstalled.

Two of the PCs run on there own manufactures version of XP SP2 when the P3 runs on the SP2 downloaded from Microsoft.

So, that's my problem. Can anyone help please? :)

To sum it up basically – The P3 can’t print to any of the shared printers on the network.
AC3
05-27-2006 11:32 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Sharing Printers on Local Network [Problem] - by _Humphreys on 05-27-2006 at 11:32 PM
RE: Sharing Printers on Local Network [Problem] - by NiteMare on 05-27-2006 at 11:39 PM
RE: Sharing Printers on Local Network [Problem] - by _Humphreys on 05-27-2006 at 11:44 PM
RE: Sharing Printers on Local Network [Problem] - by NiteMare on 05-27-2006 at 11:51 PM
RE: Sharing Printers on Local Network [Problem] - by _Humphreys on 05-27-2006 at 11:52 PM
RE: Sharing Printers on Local Network [Problem] - by NiteMare on 05-27-2006 at 11:57 PM
RE: Sharing Printers on Local Network [Problem] - by MeEtc on 05-28-2006 at 01:52 PM
RE: Sharing Printers on Local Network [Problem] - by YottabyteWizard on 05-28-2006 at 02:39 PM
RE: Sharing Printers on Local Network [Problem] - by _Humphreys on 06-01-2006 at 02:07 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: