What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » (coding) a php cms

(coding) a php cms
Author: Message:
stoshrocket

formerly methos

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. (coding) a php cms
i've been looking into creating my own cms.... i've looked at a few premade ones, like cutenews and one absorbation made and sent, but for one reason or another, they just don't seem to work or suit my needs... i wanted to code my own content management system, i call it this rather than a 'blogging system' because it is precisley not a blogger and is only for managing content, although i do want a commenting system.
I want to code a system that will add posts to different areas of my site dependant on a catagory i specify it as.... for example...

i have three types of 'news'... 1st type: "news", 2nd type:"recent_deviations", 3rd type: "fav_deviations".

from this, i would want to be able to define the three areas in which my news would appear, using different includes for different catagories... something like
code:
<?php
$category=news;
include("cms/show_news.php");
?>

and then using the following where i wanted another catagory to show....
code:
<?php
$category=recent_deviations;
include("cms/show_news.php");
?>

and then ontop of that maybe using templates even to define what the different news would appear as, ie, for the news i would want the title and actual news to come beneath as well as the time it was posted and by whom, but then problem would occur when i wanted to update my "recent_deviations" and i only wanted the content to show, which would simply be a link to a recent deviation rather than a title, when it was posted etc etc.

It all sounds very complicated and no tutorials i've seen go anywhere near as complicated as this, which is what i need... And after all, i've limited to no php knowledge.... So, does either anyone have a link to a good site that could explain how i could code this (not just php.net :dodgy:), or could anyone teach me?? Failing that, anyone know of a good cms that could handle all of this? And i mean a cms, one that does all that i have explained? Thanks for any help you can give... :happy:
formerly methos
06-21-2006 08:49 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
(coding) a php cms - by stoshrocket on 06-21-2006 at 08:49 PM
RE: (coding) a php cms - by Lou on 06-21-2006 at 08:52 PM
RE: (coding) a php cms - by Thor on 06-21-2006 at 08:53 PM
RE: (coding) a php cms - by stoshrocket on 06-21-2006 at 08:57 PM
RE: (coding) a php cms - by Thor on 06-21-2006 at 09:01 PM
RE: (coding) a php cms - by stoshrocket on 06-21-2006 at 09:02 PM
RE: (coding) a php cms - by Thor on 06-21-2006 at 09:07 PM