What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » When clicking the "Restart Later" I want it to leave me alone-Automatic Updates Help

When clicking the "Restart Later" I want it to leave me alone-Automatic Updates Help
Author: Message:
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: When clicking the "Restart Later" I want it to leave me alone-Automatic Updat
quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-
Ahh.... Solution found :cheesy:

Press Windows-R. Type “servicres.msc” in the box and press Enter. Scroll down the list that appears to the item “Automatic Updates”. Right-click that item and choose “Stop”. All done. No more notice.

When you do eventually reboot (at your lesiure), the service will restart so that you’ll be informed of future updates. But you won’t be annoyed for the rest of the session.

OR

Press Windows-R, type “net stop wuauserv” in the box and press Enter. Done! A cool side effect is that next time you want to do this, the command will be in the autocomplete dropdown of the Run box!

Both methods give the same output

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
completly disables Automatic Updates ...which I don't want ....I just want the window to shut up if I click Restart Later

edit: for people who say to do the

Re-prompt for restart with scheduled installations to a long time interval, like 1440 minutes.

the max is 1440 so thats too short :P

This post was edited on 06-24-2006 at 02:04 PM by prashker.
06-24-2006 01:56 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
When clicking the "Restart Later" I want it to leave me alone-Automatic Updates Help - by prashker on 06-24-2006 at 11:45 AM
RE: When clicking the "Restart Later" I want it to leave me alone-Automatic Updates H - by Felu on 06-24-2006 at 12:58 PM
RE: When clicking the "Restart Later" I want it to leave me alone-Automatic Updates H - by prashker on 06-24-2006 at 01:00 PM
RE: When clicking the "Restart Later" I want it to leave me alone-Automatic Updates Help - by Felu on 06-24-2006 at 01:03 PM
RE: When clicking the "Restart Later" I want it to leave me alone-Automatic Updates Help - by prashker on 06-24-2006 at 01:04 PM
RE: When clicking the "Restart Later" I want it to leave me alone-Automatic Updates Help - by Zephyr on 06-24-2006 at 01:18 PM
RE: When clicking the "Restart Later" I want it to leave me alone-Automatic Updates Help - by prashker on 06-24-2006 at 01:37 PM
RE: When clicking the "Restart Later" I want it to leave me alone-Automatic Updates H - by Felu on 06-24-2006 at 01:53 PM
RE: RE: When clicking the "Restart Later" I want it to leave me alone-Automatic Updat - by prashker on 06-24-2006 at 01:56 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: