What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [request] hide MSN Messenger from the task bar, while it remains in the system tray?

[request] hide MSN Messenger from the task bar, while it remains in the system tray?
Author: Message:
bungleMX

O.P. RE: RE: [request] hide MSN Messenger from the task bar, while it remains in the syste
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
That script is very buggy, let me find a post about that...

EDIT: Found it:
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX on the beta forum
Sorry for the doublepost, but I found a problem:

- Start WLM and make sure you have the NEW VERSION of "Hiding the Contact List" script running (the one modded by Cookie)
- Open a notepad window (any other window will work too, but this is the easiest to test with)
- Close WLM's contactlist (just close, don't shutdown)
- Open your contactlist again and drag it around. This should be smooth and contactlist should be on top of the notepad window
- Now click on the notepad window you have open to select it
- And after that go back to the contactlist again and drag it around again

... I have two problems when doing the last point:
- The position of the contactlist window only updates when I release the mouse button after dragging
- The contactwindow disappears under the notepad window when I drag the contactlist to it

Confirmed it with Sunshine and she said she already had simulair issues before.
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine on the beta forum
Indeed Menthix, i was gonna ask Cookie about it but i have to go in a min.

The problem is the menu having difficulties regaining focus, it happens when you just click on desktop too (with contactlist still opened on desktop)...try select the menu..it will stay grayed out until you move the contactlist around a bit, hide/show menubar or open a conversation window (asif theres an invisible menu infront of the actual menu wich you can't click through that easily).

I still prefer the Cookie modified version over the original tho.

I would love a script like this too, but I stopped using this version because of the bug above.

Thats sad, but I'll tryit anyway, this script is better than nothing jeje
06-26-2006 07:44 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
[request] hide MSN Messenger from the task bar, while it remains in the system tray? - by bungleMX on 06-26-2006 at 02:52 AM
RE: [request] hide MSN Messenger from the task bar, while it remains in the system tray? - by matty on 06-26-2006 at 03:18 AM
RE: RE: [request] hide MSN Messenger from the task bar, while it remains in the syste - by bungleMX on 06-26-2006 at 04:23 AM
RE: [request] hide MSN Messenger from the task bar, while it remains in the system tray? - by Mike on 06-26-2006 at 06:06 AM
RE: RE: [request] hide MSN Messenger from the task bar, while it remains in the syste - by bungleMX on 06-26-2006 at 07:43 PM
RE: RE: [request] hide MSN Messenger from the task bar, while it remains in the syste - by bungleMX on 06-27-2006 at 01:55 AM
RE: [request] hide MSN Messenger from the task bar, while it remains in the system tr - by Menthix on 06-26-2006 at 06:08 AM
RE: RE: [request] hide MSN Messenger from the task bar, while it remains in the syste - by bungleMX on 06-26-2006 at 07:44 PM
RE: [request] hide MSN Messenger from the task bar, while it remains in the system tr - by CookieRevised on 06-26-2006 at 07:47 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: