What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » A Suggestion? Regarding custom icons

A Suggestion? Regarding custom icons
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: A Suggestion? Regarding custom icons
quote:
Originally posted by celestialgal86
CookieRevised, thanks for your reply. But I can't seem to install this program Paint Shop Pro... =X
I'm sure there are other (free) graphic programs which you could use. I can't name a list which will reconize graphics by their format and not by their extension, but the list would be pretty huge as that is what a good graphics program is suppose to be doing. Maybe you can try Google or wait for somebody else to list some programs.
quote:
Originally posted by celestialgal86
Hm... a problem I faced!!! I can only save the icons as static...CookieRevised, how can I save them as animations?
The emoticons and display pictures are saved exactly as your contact has them. This means that animated GIFs (as that is the format in which animated emoticons are saved), will also be saved as animated GIFs. But if you rename that stored cache file with an extension like PNG then it is quite possible that the graphics program you're using doesn't reconize it as a animated, frames containing, GIF.

So you must copy that specific file to the location you which and name it with GIF as extension, instead of PNG which you would use in general.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-02-2006 02:01 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
A Suggestion? Regarding custom icons - by celestialgal86 on 06-29-2006 at 08:33 AM
RE: A Suggestion? Regarding custom icons - by rob_botch on 06-29-2006 at 12:20 PM
RE: A Suggestion? Regarding custom icons - by rob_botch on 06-29-2006 at 01:39 PM
RE: A Suggestion? Regarding custom icons - by CookieRevised on 06-29-2006 at 01:59 PM
RE: A Suggestion? Regarding custom icons - by celestialgal86 on 06-30-2006 at 03:04 AM
RE: A Suggestion? Regarding custom icons - by CookieRevised on 07-02-2006 at 02:01 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: