What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » I removed someone on accident, how can I get that person back?

I removed someone on accident, how can I get that person back?
Author: Message:
Grue

– / Male / –
RE: I removed someone on accident, how can I get that person back?
Are you using Windows Live Messenger?
If so, then in WLM when you delete a contact from WLM, but do not delete them from your hotmail contacts (it will ask when you delete a contact in WLM- the default is not to delete them from your hotmail contacts) they will be moved to a seperate group called Non-Instant Messaging Contacts. From there you can find out who it is that you deleted and then delete them from that group and then re-add them to you Messenger.
If you deleted them in Messenger 7.x then you can upgrade to WLM (http://get.live.com/messenger/overview) and see them in the group noted above.

Also if you are not sorting your contacts in groups but by status then you can see the deleted contact at the very bottom of your list.

This is the only way I can think of doing it. As I don't have MSN Messenger 7.x, I don't know of any way of doing it without having WLM.

And just so you know you can block your contacts and you will not see the notifications from them signing in or signing out. This way you would not have to delete them and re-add them later.
07-09-2006 11:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
I removed someone on accident, how can I get that person back? - by Mangafan2 on 07-09-2006 at 11:16 PM
RE: I removed someone on accident, how can I get that person back? - by CookieRevised on 07-09-2006 at 11:47 PM
RE: I removed someone on accident, how can I get that person back? - by Grue on 07-09-2006 at 11:48 PM
RE: I removed someone on accident, how can I get that person back? - by Mangafan2 on 07-10-2006 at 10:24 AM
RE: I removed someone on accident, how can I get that person back? - by Vikash on 07-10-2006 at 10:47 AM
RE: I removed someone on accident, how can I get that person back? - by CookieRevised on 07-10-2006 at 12:04 PM
RE: I removed someone on accident, how can I get that person back? - by Mentality on 07-10-2006 at 12:27 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: