What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » ***** URGENT, PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY PC, COULD AFFECT MY NEW JOB & CURRENT REDUANCY

***** URGENT, PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY PC, COULD AFFECT MY NEW JOB & CURRENT REDUANCY
Author: Message:
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. ***** URGENT, PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY PC, COULD AFFECT MY NEW JOB & CURRENT REDUANCY
Right, 2 days ago, my pc was taking ages to load the power plug wire accidently slipped out resulting in lost of power, but I didnt wanna go on afterall so I went to bed, next day, when I loaded up my PC, it give me 5 choices of how to load windows coz it wernt shut down correctly. these choices wer...

SAFE MODE
SAFE MODE + COMMAND PROMPT
SAFE MODE + NETWORKING
LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION
START WINDOWS NORMALLY

I first seclected the last one... it seemed to go ok, howevfer it automatically came up with a blue screen with writing, and a split sec later auto-restarted.... tried the other ones and same thing happened. Seem to go ok, then blue screen with writing comes up for split sec then auto restarts.

I got a little bit worried and accessed BIOS to help with the boot, but it didnt (tbh, i acassed a litte by fluke, so I dunno really how to get back on again). eventally, a little luck was thorwn my way, as the blue screen came up for a split sec, i noticed F8 in it, and so pressed that the next time round to get Windows Advanced Options! none helped however, but I did manage to stop the auto-restart and finally saw what was on the Blue Screen... here it is.

"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to protect your computer.

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

If this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps.

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufactururer for any Windows Updates you might find.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove components, restart your computer, press F8 to selct advanced start up options, and then select safe mode.

Techinical Information:

*** STOP: OXOOOOOOED (OX82F949OO, OXCOOOOO9C, OXOOOOOOOO, OXOOOOOOOO)"

As you can imagine, I am shit scared. I have an application form that needs to be sent by email for monday, and I have limited use on this PC, so I beg you, please, someone help with ANY suggestion at all... I will be back in half an hour or so to check, but like I say, i am very limted on the time...

Thankyou, in advance, Inferno
08-04-2006 11:17 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
***** URGENT, PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY PC, COULD AFFECT MY NEW JOB & CURRENT REDUANCY - by MC Inferno on 08-04-2006 at 11:17 PM
RE: ***** URGENT, PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY PC, COULD AFFECT MY NEW JOB & CURRENT REDUANCY - by alexp2_ad on 08-04-2006 at 11:27 PM
RE: ***** URGENT, PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY PC, COULD AFFECT MY NEW JOB & CURRENT REDUANCY - by GiantSpider on 08-04-2006 at 11:46 PM
RE: ***** URGENT, PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY PC, COULD AFFECT MY NEW JOB & CURRENT REDUANCY - by MC Inferno on 08-05-2006 at 12:00 AM
RE: ***** URGENT, PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY PC, COULD AFFECT MY NEW JOB & CURRENT REDUANCY - by Adeptus on 08-05-2006 at 12:02 AM
RE: ***** URGENT, PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY PC, COULD AFFECT MY NEW JOB & CURRENT REDUANCY - by MC Inferno on 08-05-2006 at 04:33 PM
RE: ***** URGENT, PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY PC, COULD AFFECT MY NEW JOB & CURRENT REDUAN - by ryxdp on 08-07-2006 at 05:18 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: