What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » A Few Suggestions

A Few Suggestions
Author: Message:
themrb

O.P. A Few Suggestions
Hey, I just have a new suggestions for the new messenger plus.

Custom Smiley blocker - You know those really annoying people that like have 'h' as a smiley, and their letters are all choppy, huge and flashing making it really hard to see?  It would be great if messenger plus had a way to block custom smilies of a specified length in characters (filtered by contacts), and maybe even block some contact's smileys overall.

I read the FAQ thing, but I just want to state that I hope messenger plus custom contact names come back, because in WLM you cannot just tag the name in front, you have to replace the entire name, and sometimes I want to see what the actual name of the contact is.

Lastly, I find the new encryption system a pain in the neck.  Everytime I just want to get a simple quote or review a chat - I have to wait a bit, and type in the encryption password.  Then windows asks me if I want to download this weird text file (named tmpdecrypt_e245.txt or similar), and I have to download that file and open it... while the place I suppose is supposed to show the chat logs is empty.

I liked the way messenger plus previously logged stuff.  Probably wasn't very secure though XD.
08-18-2006 10:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
A Few Suggestions - by themrb on 08-18-2006 at 10:27 PM
RE: A Few Suggestions - by markee on 08-19-2006 at 04:58 AM
RE: RE: A Few Suggestions - by themrb on 08-19-2006 at 05:05 AM
RE: A Few Suggestions - by markee on 08-19-2006 at 05:19 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites