What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Connecting to stereo or home theatre?

Connecting to stereo or home theatre?
Author: Message:
Dan0208

36 / Male / –
O.P. Connecting to stereo or home theatre?
I have been using my laptop on my new lcd tv lately just for watching movies and playing some games etc connected using s-video. this works great. I also want to play music from my playlists through better speakers than the laptop speakers.

I am therefore after a better solution for audio. currently i am using a little 1-to-2 plug that plugs into the headphone port and then has two female plugs for male AV (red and white) plugs to connect to. then other end then goes into the back of my stereo for AV-input. I can then put my stereo on AUX and play the laptop sound. this unfortunately is not that great quality.
Can anyone suggest another method or what i would have to buy to be able to play the sound from my laptop through better speakers (could possibly be a surround sound setup for my tv that im planning on getting). Im sure this is possible i am just not too sure how to go about it?

Thanks everyone
[Image: wetpix%20sig.png]
09-22-2006 03:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Connecting to stereo or home theatre? - by Dan0208 on 09-22-2006 at 03:06 PM
RE: Connecting to stereo or home theatre? - by user27089 on 09-23-2006 at 10:18 AM
RE: Connecting to stereo or home theatre? - by Dan0208 on 09-24-2006 at 12:58 AM
RE: Connecting to stereo or home theatre? - by Voldemort on 09-24-2006 at 01:01 AM
RE: Connecting to stereo or home theatre? - by CookieRevised on 09-24-2006 at 01:12 AM
RE: Connecting to stereo or home theatre? - by Dan0208 on 09-24-2006 at 01:37 AM
RE: Connecting to stereo or home theatre? - by CookieRevised on 09-24-2006 at 01:45 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: