What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » messenger lock icon

messenger lock icon
Author: Message:
Funness

35 / Male / –
RE: RE: messenger lock icon
quote:
Originally posted by wingsugar
ok ,im new so nice 2 meet u lot.
anyway ive got a similar problem and i wan2 use a different icon 2 lock the messenger but i cant. im tryin to use the C:\WINDOWS\system32\mycomput.dll
icon(if this is an icon) and put ,1 after it and ive tried wiv all the numbers upto ten and also tried 1000 but didnt work.
So wot do i need 2 do? btw i much preder 2 use the quicktime icon but i cant find it so i dunno wot 2 do.
Cheers 4 ur help

mycomput.dll is not an icon, if you want to use the my computer icon as the lock icon, use "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shell32.dll,16"

As for quicktime, you just need to locate the .ico file for quicktime. I personally do not have it installed, so I am unable to help you. There may not be an icon file for it, it may be part of the .exe it self (which plus! can not use as an icon.)

quote:
Originally posted by akyafr
I also tried afterwards, and still it didn't work....so I have no clue what's goin' on really X_X

Basicly, that number just tells plus what icon to use from the dll. The default is C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shell32.dll,10 (a networked hdd icon). If you wish to change it you have to either point it to a .ico file or use shell32.dll's icons. To view em, you need to go from 1-50.. these are all the posible icons from shell32.dll (50 is a blank icon, but it is an icon).

This post was edited on 12-14-2006 at 03:19 AM by Funness.
[Image: kingofpants.png]
                                        funness.net
12-14-2006 03:16 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
messenger lock icon - by akyafr on 11-11-2006 at 05:03 PM
RE: messenger lock icon - by Thor on 11-11-2006 at 05:27 PM
RE: messenger lock icon - by wingsugar on 12-13-2006 at 08:23 PM
RE: RE: messenger lock icon - by Funness on 12-14-2006 at 03:16 AM
RE: RE: messenger lock icon - by CookieRevised on 12-17-2006 at 12:11 AM
RE: messenger lock icon - by akyafr on 12-14-2006 at 01:59 AM