What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » SoundPack Guidelines

SoundPack Guidelines
Author: Message:
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: SoundPack Guidelines
I'm glad your brought this up. I find the database unorganised at the moment really, people adding them seem to leave out simple things like correct puntuaction, type their soundpack in lower-case etc :P

However you should try and fix the mistakes using PHP, either before they go in the database or after. It's possible, yet an annoying chore. It's something you need to think about with a website that users essentially control.

Edit: I find that bullet points are harder to follow, making them a numbered list I think we look better :)

Edit 2: Some people are uploading un-renderable characters, something which is really annoying. Take this soundpack for example:
http://www.mpplugins.net/soundpack/303_15751604160515831585

If you really want to get in that Web 2.0 level, you need to get the design finalised, basically small touches and a new colour scheme (Eljeey can take over (a)). But most importantly customise everything. Don't just make a search, make a search that is simple, full of features and easy to use. If people want mpsounds to cook their dinner, make mpsounds make a starter, main course and a desert. Take a feature and make it user friendly as possible. Make it simple (which is I currently think it is), and deal with errors in a better way. For example when someone uploads a soundpack just don't allow it to go through, make your script check for renderable characters, length (too short or too long), if the soundpack is rich in good content etc.

* absorbation remembers the days of plussounds.net, and bashes them out of his head.
Good grief have I learnt a lot about web management since then

This post was edited on 11-24-2006 at 05:50 PM by absorbation.
11-24-2006 05:41 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
SoundPack Guidelines - by Dempsey on 11-24-2006 at 05:30 PM
RE: SoundPack Guidelines - by foaly on 11-24-2006 at 05:33 PM
RE: SoundPack Guidelines - by absorbation on 11-24-2006 at 05:41 PM
RE: SoundPack Guidelines - by Sunshine on 11-24-2006 at 05:50 PM
RE: SoundPack Guidelines - by Dempsey on 11-25-2006 at 01:52 PM
RE: SoundPack Guidelines - by Dempsey on 12-12-2006 at 10:36 PM
RE: SoundPack Guidelines - by Voldemort on 12-12-2006 at 11:07 PM
RE: SoundPack Guidelines - by CookieRevised on 12-12-2006 at 11:11 PM