What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » A Windows SOS: can't click on task bar

A Windows SOS: can't click on task bar
Author: Message:
PenguinBoy

indude

35 / Male / –
O.P. A Windows SOS: can't click on task bar
Hi everyone hows it going?

Wonderin' if any kind people on-line can help me.

I'm running windows xp sp2 i believe. But since installing a few things i've come up with a problem on my task bar.

You know the "ding", when you click on something inaccessible or when there's an error. That's what i'm getting when i click (left or right) anywhere on the task bar. The hover animations do not occur. However the task bar is not frozen, because anything i open using keyboard short cuts, works, (like the start menu). And the programs running still show themselves. I just can't click on them. This is only happening on my user (we have 4 accounts). And i am admin.

I've uninstalled internet explorer 7, because that was causing other problems. But they disappeared and this problem remained, so i don't think it was the cause.

Don't know what i can tell you. I really don't want to uninstall cubase (which i just installed). So if there is anyway of getting my user to work like everyone else's, i'd be eternally thankful.

PENGUINBOY
11-25-2006 03:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
A Windows SOS: can't click on task bar - by PenguinBoy on 11-25-2006 at 03:29 PM
RE: A Windows SOS: can't click on task bar - by Kenji on 11-25-2006 at 03:40 PM
RE: A Windows SOS: can't click on task bar - by PenguinBoy on 11-25-2006 at 03:45 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: