What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » wont detect new video card

wont detect new video card
Author: Message:
guanako
Veteran Member

ALbert0

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: wont detect new video card
yeah i know disable the on board isnt requiered to add the card but i just dont get why it wont even tell me about new hardware found :(

Video/Graphics Card Installation
1. Disconnect the power cord
2. Have a phillips screw driver ready, ensure that its not magnetized
3. Ground(earth) yourself by touching something metallic to remove any static charge and ensure that your hands are dry
4. Remove the case cover to expose the AGP/PCI slots
5. Using the screw driver remove the screw from the slot plate(AGP or PCI) and manoeuvre the card in the space with the VGA adapter pointing to the back of the case, through the slot does it matter what slot? 1, 2 , or 3?. Before you press it in all the way let it rest on the outside of the slot and ensure that its properly aligned. It can only fit one way into the slot. Just ensure that you haven't oriented the card in an upside down position.(The notch for the screw should be facing you and the VGA adapter pointing to the back of the computer, through the slot and with the card held level horizontally try to push it straight in). This part is the trickiest and may require a little manoeuvring of the card but just apply 'gentle' & steady pressure once its properly aligned and be patient.
6. Replace the screw once the card is fully inserted in the slot. The notch for securing the card to the case(with the screw) should be resting immediately adjacent to the screw hole.
7. Detach monitor from onboard VGA port and reattach the monitor to the VGA adapter on your newlt installed card
8. Reattach the power cord and turn on the computer i just get the black monitor as if it wasnt connected to anything, so this is the farthest i get:(
9. Insert the disk & follow the menu to install the drivers and accompanying software
10. Click on Control Panel->system->hardware->device manager->display adapters->You should see both the Nvidia & ATI Radeon 200. Now right clich on the ATI Radeon->properties->general tab->device usage->do not use this device(disable). This disables the onboard graphics card. Not sure if you can run both as I never tried it because I had no intention of using the onboard graphics card. Maybe advantageous to leave it enabled if there are no conflicts, just in case your new card fails at some point and you can use the onboard in the interim.
11. Once you are satisfied that all is going well, shut down computer, remove power cord and replace case cover.
12. Reattach power cord and restart.

just for the record i have a ASUSTeK computer INC. model P4G533LA
[Image: guanako20.png]
01-04-2007 10:24 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
wont detect new video card - by guanako on 01-04-2007 at 02:47 AM
RE: wont detect new video card - by matty on 01-04-2007 at 04:26 AM
RE: wont detect new video card - by guanako on 01-04-2007 at 04:40 AM
RE: wont detect new video card - by Adeptus on 01-04-2007 at 06:47 AM
RE: wont detect new video card - by Dr4g0n on 01-04-2007 at 07:58 PM