What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Access Denied on some/many shared files when viewing them from another computer

Access Denied on some/many shared files when viewing them from another computer
Author: Message:
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. Access Denied on some/many shared files when viewing them from another computer
Host Computer: Windows XP Professional SP2 with latest updates (well, almost latest, I just need to install some updates, probably unrelated with networking.) (I had the same problem with Professional SP1)
Client Computers tested: Windows XP Home Edition SP1, Windows XP Professional SP2, Windows Vista Ultimate Build 6000.

All client computers have the same problem: Certain files (mostly EXEs, but I have seen it happen with other files too) can't be accessed by the other computers.
It just says "Access is denied."

I have set full permissions on the shared folder from the host computer.
I have also tried disabling SFS (Simple File Sharing) and set full permissions for every user there, but it still doesn't work.

I can access the file though when I move/copy it to the root of the shared directory (the non-accessible files where in subfolders of the shared folder).
However, i have seen this happen with files that are in the root of the directory...

Anybody knows a permanent fix or what causes this?
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
02-03-2007 03:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Access Denied on some/many shared files when viewing them from another computer - by Mike on 02-03-2007 at 03:09 PM
RE: Access Denied on some/many shared files when viewing them from another computer - by Adeptus on 02-03-2007 at 04:18 PM
RE: Access Denied on some/many shared files when viewing them from another computer - by Mike on 02-03-2007 at 04:51 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: