What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » [split] VB6 debate

[split] VB6 debate
Author: Message:
vikke

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. [split] VB6 debate
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by vikke
First of all, you want to make a addon in VB6, which I don't personally recommend, because you can't do as much as you can in C/C++. VB6 is also a more unstable programming language (especially the IDE).
- You can do it in VB6.
- VB6 is certainly not a 'more unstable language'.

quote:
The points 2 and 3 can easiest be done with a winsock hook. There are many samples floating around the net, not for VB6 though.
There are many VB6 winsock hooking examples too. (pscode isn't the only place for example code)
Let's start.. Since you're Mrs. Perfect, you better help him, because your post does not say anything really.

I didn't say you couldn't do it in VB6, if you read my sentence once again, because you can't do as much as you can in C/C++.

VB6 is certainly a 'more unstable language'. It's not made to use Win32 APIs for example. It's not using original constants etc. There's no way to handle pointers.
If your program hangs (happens when making addons), you cannot stop it without exiting the whole IDE. And if you forgot to save before you click "Execute/Compile", it's gone. Also lots of wierd error messages, you can't debug it any good since the outcome is junk. Microsoft has always been claiming VB should be easy, fast, powerful, still, non of their programs are written in VB. VB6 sucks, realize it! It's easier to learn C++ than to hook API's in VB.

Okay, over to the www.pscode.com comment. I suggested PSCode because I know mostly stuff is working. There are other sites as well.. But if you know so much about winsock hooking in VB6, why don't you show us a sample instead of making me laugh?

It is indeed possible to hook winsock in VB6, with a ActiveX or DLL written in another language!

That's my opinion,
vikke

This post was edited on 03-15-2007 at 09:20 PM by WDZ.
4 8 15 16 23 42
03-14-2007 03:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: