What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Is there a way for me to check for updates?

Is there a way for me to check for updates?
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Is there a way for me to check for updates?
quote:
Originally posted by Jacen
Don't know what the forum rules about bumping are, but I need an answer :)
Bumping is only allowed after a few days

quote:
Originally posted by Jacen
So, to get the updated version I should do this

replace
Debug.Trace(xmlhttp.responseText);

with
version = xmlhttp.responseText;? I have a text file thats on my site that the only content in the file is the version number so... Would that place the version number into a varable where I can then use a IF statement to check?
yes that will work, but note that the variable version will be a string, not a number. So be carefull when you use comparisson operators. See the next links for more info on that:
CookieRevised's reply to Script about lock messenger
CookieRevised's reply to Nudges, Updated.

Also note that this whole routine is not instant; it runs asyncronically. Thus it can be a while (as in seconds) before anything is returned. So you also better include a time-out meganism.

Complete examples can be found in several scripts. I suggest you take a look at the bundled scripts which comes with the newest Messenger Plus! Live. For example the Now Playing script.

This post was edited on 05-06-2007 at 08:50 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-06-2007 08:34 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Is there a way for me to check for updates? - by Jacen on 05-05-2007 at 10:17 PM
RE: Is there a way for me to check for updates? - by deAd on 05-05-2007 at 10:54 PM
RE: Is there a way for me to check for updates? - by Jacen on 05-06-2007 at 12:55 AM
RE: Is there a way for me to check for updates? - by Jacen on 05-06-2007 at 04:50 PM
RE: Is there a way for me to check for updates? - by joey on 05-06-2007 at 05:35 PM
RE: Is there a way for me to check for updates? - by CookieRevised on 05-06-2007 at 08:34 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: