What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » [Solved] Windows and Ubuntu, sitting on a LAN...

[Solved] Windows and Ubuntu, sitting on a LAN...
Author: Message:
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. [Solved] Windows and Ubuntu, sitting on a LAN...
So, yeah, basically, I'd like to know if it's possible to have a LAN with Windows and Ubuntu, and if so, how to do it.

I only want to share Internet from Ubuntu to Windows, and maybe see the drive from Windows... But sharing Internet is a priority, since I can't be on Ubuntu when my mom decides to use her laptop... 8-)

The Windows LAN is currently wired, not wireless. And there's no router, it's all direct. So, if it's possible to have it the same way, I'd like to know. (Y)

Edit: Please, avoid "buy this and that" suggestions!

Edit: Read this for some rambling explanation from my noobish self.

This post was edited on 05-14-2007 at 03:24 PM by L. Coyote.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

05-08-2007 02:43 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
[Solved] Windows and Ubuntu, sitting on a LAN... - by L. Coyote on 05-08-2007 at 02:43 PM
RE: [Help] Windows and Ubuntu, sitting on a LAN... - by Sypher on 05-08-2007 at 03:38 PM
RE: [Help] Windows and Ubuntu, sitting on a LAN... - by Adeptus on 05-08-2007 at 04:18 PM
RE: [Help] Windows and Ubuntu, sitting on a LAN... - by L. Coyote on 05-08-2007 at 10:34 PM
RE: [Help] Windows and Ubuntu, sitting on a LAN... - by Verte on 05-09-2007 at 04:18 AM
RE: [Help] Windows and Ubuntu, sitting on a LAN... - by Supersonicdarky on 05-09-2007 at 11:49 AM
RE: [Help] Windows and Ubuntu, sitting on a LAN... - by L. Coyote on 05-09-2007 at 12:39 PM
RE: [Help] Windows and Ubuntu, sitting on a LAN... - by Adeptus on 05-09-2007 at 03:55 PM
RE: [Help] Windows and Ubuntu, sitting on a LAN... - by L. Coyote on 05-14-2007 at 03:22 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: