What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Some general suggestion about contact deletion activities

Some general suggestion about contact deletion activities
Author: Message:
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Some general suggestion about contact deletion activities
The question is: Where does Messenger Discovery pull its information form, and is that information accurate?

I doubt Patchou will change the was "has you" works in the contactlist cleanup window. That info is currently pulled from WLM's own data, it can't get more accurate then that. The fact that Messenger Discover updates the info quicker is probably because Messenger Discover analyzes the protocol data, while Plus! waits until WLM updates the list, which is probably next time you sign in. Showing a deletion in the event viewer wouldn't make much sense the way it is now because, like you pointed out, that info is delayed. The event viewer is meant for realtime data.

So, yes Messenger Discovery has a quicker method to detect deletions... But how exactly do they detect it, and is it really accurate or just guesses just like the "XXX has opened a chat with you" things. If Plus! used a realtime deletion detection it would make sense in the eventviewer yes, but I doubt its worth spending time on changing that code instead of adding real new features.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
05-08-2007 04:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Some general suggestion about contact deletion activities - by ahmetgns on 05-08-2007 at 02:49 PM
RE: Some general suggestion about contact deletion activities - by Menthix on 05-08-2007 at 04:45 PM
RE: Some general suggestion about contact deletion activities - by ahmetgns on 05-09-2007 at 01:49 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: