What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » How many Idle statuses does WL Messenger have?

How many Idle statuses does WL Messenger have?
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Translation of "Idle instead of Away" option of MsgPlus!
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
But I still wonder why he writes such replies to my posts.
Because you seem to misunderstand some things.. or at least not explaining things well...

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
But it says 'Instead of Away'
'instead of away' means showing something instead of the word "away", it doesn't mean instead of the status Away.
I think, it does mean instead of the status Away. I can't understand again how you could understand like that? (How many WLM user knows there are two different Away statuses?)
Then you thought wrong... Look, you can NOT change a status, but you can change what is shown to the user; how the status is called and/or shown to the user. That is the whole point of that feature. Again, you can NOT change a status. The status Away stays the status Away, the status Idle stays the status Idle.

What that option does and means is changing the WORD "away" to the correct wording: "idle". This does NOT change the status at all!

The "appropiate" means that not all the words "away" are going to be changed since not all words "away" actually represent the status Idle, some still represent the status Away.

quote:
These are known by me and I think, most of the users. So don't get angry, but you again gave unnecessary information. Please assume that everyone on this forum knows options very well. If they say something wrong, then give those informations only to them.
Not everybody on this forum knows options very well. That's the whole reason why they come to this forum in the first place. And second, on a forum people explain stuff to eachother, even long time residents explain stuff to other long time residents.

There is nothing unnecessary in any of my posts here. In fact if I reread the thread and see your other replies in the beginning of this thread I see we didn't even wrote enough to explain what the Idle status is or how it worked. Because you clearly didn't know as everybody can see in this thread. So don't be so "I know everything about the features and I don't need any clarification. My suggestions are always excellent and perfect." You asked what that "when appropiate" means and/or why it is there, I explained it.

quote:
But on my reply to MenthiX or Apatik, I wrote those sentences above.
Of which some things are not correct, which I replied upon.

quote:
My suggestion is clear:
Show contacts as Idle instead of Away when they're inactive
Yes, your suggestion is clear. I did not replied on that!!!!!!!

And if talking about unnecessary stuff: all you needed to write (in the proper subforum and not in a post here) was this single thing I quoted above, not all the other stuff/explainations around it as it did not clearified anything and some things were even wrong and it is on those wrong things I replied upon. If you did that you would have been surprised with my reply to it as the Dutch translation has almost exactly the same translation!

This post was edited on 05-16-2007 at 09:50 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-16-2007 09:24 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
How many Idle statuses does WL Messenger have? - by ahmetgns on 05-09-2007 at 05:02 PM
RE: How many Idle statuses does WL Messenger have? - by CookieRevised on 05-09-2007 at 11:24 PM
RE: How many Idle statuses does WL Messenger have? - by ahmetgns on 05-10-2007 at 07:03 PM
RE: RE: How many Idle statuses does WL Messenger have? - by Apatik on 05-10-2007 at 07:24 PM
RE: How many Idle statuses does WL Messenger have? - by CookieRevised on 05-10-2007 at 07:08 PM
RE: How many Idle statuses does WL Messenger have? - by ahmetgns on 05-10-2007 at 11:15 PM
RE: How many Idle statuses does WL Messenger have? - by Apatik on 05-10-2007 at 11:33 PM
RE: How many Idle statuses does WL Messenger have? - by ahmetgns on 05-11-2007 at 07:30 AM
RE: How many Idle statuses does WL Messenger have? - by CookieRevised on 05-15-2007 at 12:30 PM
RE: Translation of "Idle instead of Away" option of MsgPlus! - by ahmetgns on 05-15-2007 at 10:05 PM
RE: RE: Translation of "Idle instead of Away" option of MsgPlus! - by CookieRevised on 05-16-2007 at 09:24 AM
RE: RE: RE: Translation of "Idle instead of Away" option of MsgPlus! - by ahmetgns on 05-16-2007 at 10:14 AM
RE: How many Idle statuses does WL Messenger have? - by vaccination on 05-16-2007 at 10:17 AM
RE: How many Idle statuses does WL Messenger have? - by fvckth3w0rld on 02-02-2009 at 07:37 PM
RE: How many Idle statuses does WL Messenger have? - by ahmetgns on 02-02-2009 at 11:37 PM
RE: How many Idle statuses does WL Messenger have? - by Claiken on 08-12-2009 at 03:08 AM
RE: RE: How many Idle statuses does WL Messenger have? - by CookieRevised on 08-12-2009 at 06:28 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: