What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Samsung DVD+-R/RW showing as DVD-RAM

Samsung DVD+-R/RW showing as DVD-RAM
Author: Message:
stoshrocket

formerly methos

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Samsung DVD+-R/RW showing as DVD-RAM
quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
2: You need to use Nero Vision to convert the avi to MPEG-2 (or is it MPEG-4?) video used by DVD video discs. However, most modern DVD Drives can also read Divx encoded avi files - either in the root of the DVD, or organised into folders - I used to (naughtily) download episodes of CSI [LV/NY/Miami] (the UK is about a whole series behind usually) for my mum, put em straight onto a DVD-RW in XVid (it's like Divx, but better (Smilie)) and she could watch them on the TV.
Well tbh, what I used to be able to do was convert any video format file using VSO ConvertXtoDVD which would give me two folders, AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS and then I could just burn these straight onto a disk with no hassle. Using ConvertXtoDVD I could also add titles VERY easily, so if I wanted to burn multiple video filesto access seperately it could be done. However, now I can only use a program called DVD flick to convert the file and then burn it right away, because it seems to be the only program thats resulting in an actual playable DVD. This previous process worked on my other computer, it's just nero now doesn't recognise that it's a DVD-R in the tray not a CD so won't give me the option to burn the files to it =/
formerly methos
07-04-2007 03:58 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Samsung DVD+-R/RW showing as DVD-RAM - by stoshrocket on 07-03-2007 at 07:50 PM
RE: Samsung DVD+-R/RW showing as DVD-RAM - by prashker on 07-03-2007 at 08:23 PM
RE: Samsung DVD+-R/RW showing as DVD-RAM - by absorbation on 07-03-2007 at 08:47 PM
RE: Samsung DVD+-R/RW showing as DVD-RAM - by stoshrocket on 07-03-2007 at 08:58 PM
RE: Samsung DVD+-R/RW showing as DVD-RAM - by andrewdodd13 on 07-03-2007 at 09:38 PM
RE: Samsung DVD+-R/RW showing as DVD-RAM - by Voldemort on 07-03-2007 at 10:14 PM
RE: Samsung DVD+-R/RW showing as DVD-RAM - by stoshrocket on 07-04-2007 at 03:58 PM
RE: Samsung DVD+-R/RW showing as DVD-RAM - by andrewdodd13 on 07-04-2007 at 04:04 PM
RE: Samsung DVD+-R/RW showing as DVD-RAM - by stoshrocket on 07-04-2007 at 08:40 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: