What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Newbie Help

Newbie Help
Author: Message:
ArkaneArkade

The One and Only

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. Huh?  Newbie Help
Hey guys, I'm looking for a little help witha  couple of minor issues I've been having.  I think they're really easy to sort, but then again I've been unable to sort them so...

The first is with arrays.  I've not used them since uni 3 years ago, so I'm not entirely sure how to do it.  I have a script that needs to act upon recieving a message from a contact, but only on the first message, similar to the MSN popups, so I've made it work by adding names to an array as I recieve messages from them.  This has worked to stop the function being triggered multiple times, but I dont know how to remove them from the array so they dont trigger again after the window has been closed.  Can anyone tell me how to delete an entry from an array?

The second is with a media script I've made.  It's meant to get media information froma  network server, and make that into my PSM, however because of the way it's working it sometimes screws up and changes teh actual PSM to be the media info, so it still displays after the media has stopped.  I'd like to know if theres a way to change the actual messenger media variable with Plus, instead of the PSM, to make this issue go away... or if there is any other method which may solve the problem.

Cheers all
[Image: adsig.jpg]
09-01-2007 02:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Newbie Help - by ArkaneArkade on 09-01-2007 at 02:06 AM
RE: Newbie Help - by roflmao456 on 09-01-2007 at 03:06 AM
RE: Newbie Help - by ArkaneArkade on 09-01-2007 at 03:35 AM
RE: Newbie Help - by Matti on 09-01-2007 at 07:31 AM
RE: Newbie Help - by ArkaneArkade on 09-02-2007 at 02:08 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode