What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Motherboards, Sata and Vista (reccommendations/fixes/HELP!! :-( )

Motherboards, Sata and Vista (reccommendations/fixes/HELP!! :-( )
Author: Message:
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Motherboards, Sata and Vista (reccommendations/fixes/HELP!! :-( )
I dunno where I can arrange to test the HDD, I don't think anyone I know at Uni has a Desktop PC, also doubt the University IT dept would want to bother/help.

My only other idea is to try and find a small computer store somewhere and hope they don't fuck me over :S

BTW I am aware of the Nforce4 SATA issues, I think that I fixed that from a patch from maxtor and BIOS updates pretty much when I first got the computer.

Any other ideas?

-----------------------------------------------

Edit 1: Been to an IT store near me, their machines could successfully see my HDD I bought some new cables for £2 tried in my machine, still nothing, of course this doesn't rule out a HDD problem but does lessen it.

SO i'm thinking new motherboard needed, or fix this one (but tbh quicker and easier, maybe even cheaper to buy a new one.)

any other ideas or shall I crack out the wallet again? :(

-----------------------------------------------
EDIT 2: Hmm prices on ebay for a bundle AMD 6000, Mobo and 2GB RAM aren't bad, wonder what they're like in shops? *-)

This post was edited on 09-26-2007 at 12:36 PM by aNILEator.
09-26-2007 12:12 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Motherboards, Sata and Vista (reccommendations/fixes/HELP!! :-( ) - by aNILEator on 09-25-2007 at 06:08 PM
RE: Motherboards, Sata and Vista (reccommendations/fixes/HELP!! :-( ) - by Adeptus on 09-25-2007 at 09:34 PM
RE: RE: Motherboards, Sata and Vista (reccommendations/fixes/HELP!! :-( ) - by Snake on 09-25-2007 at 10:01 PM
RE: Motherboards, Sata and Vista (reccommendations/fixes/HELP!! :-( ) - by YottabyteWizard on 09-26-2007 at 07:25 AM
RE: Motherboards, Sata and Vista (reccommendations/fixes/HELP!! :-( ) - by aNILEator on 09-26-2007 at 12:12 PM
RE: Motherboards, Sata and Vista (reccommendations/fixes/HELP!! :-( ) - by Adeptus on 09-26-2007 at 03:41 PM
RE: Motherboards, Sata and Vista (reccommendations/fixes/HELP!! :-( ) - by aNILEator on 09-26-2007 at 06:50 PM
RE: Motherboards, Sata and Vista (reccommendations/fixes/HELP!! :-( ) - by aNILEator on 10-07-2007 at 04:38 PM
RE: Motherboards, Sata and Vista (reccommendations/fixes/HELP!! :-( ) - by aNILEator on 10-08-2007 at 02:51 PM
RE: Motherboards, Sata and Vista (reccommendations/fixes/HELP!! :-( ) - by Adeptus on 10-08-2007 at 03:05 PM
RE: Motherboards, Sata and Vista (reccommendations/fixes/HELP!! :-( ) - by aNILEator on 10-08-2007 at 07:19 PM
RE: Motherboards, Sata and Vista (reccommendations/fixes/HELP!! :-( ) - by aNILEator on 10-10-2007 at 10:18 PM
RE: Motherboards, Sata and Vista (reccommendations/fixes/HELP!! :-( ) - by Jhrono on 10-11-2007 at 12:02 AM
RE: Motherboards, Sata and Vista (reccommendations/fixes/HELP!! :-( ) - by aNILEator on 10-11-2007 at 12:29 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: