What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » Comments to "Instructions for translation corrections"

Comments to "Instructions for translation corrections"
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Comments to "Instructions for translation corrections"
quote:
Originally posted by Omar
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
But, to my knowledge, the guidelines are just that: guidelines.
I beg to differ...
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou on "Instructions for translation corrections"
you must follow this exact procedure, else, your post won't do any good (and I mean it).

Ok, the wording might be a little bit strong, but since as long as I know, people have interpreted the guidelines in their own way, with success. Even the official translators themselfs don't use the exact litteral way of reporting mistakes like it is suggested in the guidelines. Without anybody, including Patchou, complaining.

The guidelines are there for giving a guideline, in addition to the common sense of how to report a mistake (and, if you like, to provide a strict method for those who don't have common sense :p).

I think that particular post of Patchou is more meant for those who come here and just post "The translation sucks, fix it".

This post was edited on 12-11-2007 at 11:35 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-11-2007 11:28 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Comments to "Instructions for translation corrections" - by ZrednaZ on 12-11-2007 at 01:39 PM
RE: Comments to "Instructions for translation corrections" - by Omar on 12-11-2007 at 03:46 PM
RE: RE: Comments to "Instructions for translation corrections" - by ZrednaZ on 12-11-2007 at 05:25 PM
RE: Comments to "Instructions for translation corrections" - by Omar on 12-11-2007 at 06:48 PM
RE: Comments to "Instructions for translation corrections" - by CookieRevised on 12-11-2007 at 07:38 PM
RE: Comments to "Instructions for translation corrections" - by Omar on 12-11-2007 at 09:02 PM
RE: RE: Comments to "Instructions for translation corrections" - by CookieRevised on 12-11-2007 at 11:28 PM
RE: Comments to "Instructions for translation corrections" - by Leif on 12-11-2007 at 11:15 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: