What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Two questions: !remotecommand and Messenger.MyContacts

Two questions: !remotecommand and Messenger.MyContacts
Author: Message:
kaourika

34 / Female / –
O.P. RE: Two questions: !remotecommand and Messenger.MyContacts
Ah! Thank you!! Now the script is actually attempting a return instead of just displaying the raw !command. I'm glad I don't have to go searching other chunks of the code for the problem.
However, it seems there's still something wrong here... D:
As you suggested, I changed it to
code:
function OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage(ChatWnd,Origin,Message,Kind){

if(Message.substr(0,8).toLowerCase()=="!petrafi"){
        nbrPet++;
        var h = Math.floor((Math.random()*(dArray.length-1)));
        return "*" + Messenger.MyName + " pets Rafeal* \n" +dArray[h];
    }
But now it attempts to shave the response to 8 characters, I guess because of "(Message.substr(0,8)"... This is the return I'm getting in the conversation window (My name right now being Kao):
quote:
Kao says:
*Kao pet

It didn't have that problem when I was using "function OnEvent_ChatWndSendMessage." The Message.substr(0,8) is just supposed to apply to the raw !command, not the return, so that's weird...

Also, for my contact, when they say !petrafi, it executes the script in my view of the conversation, but in theirs, it still just says !petrafi. I hope there's a way around that! =/

Thanks for the continuing help! :3

This post was edited on 12-13-2007 at 01:21 AM by kaourika.
12-13-2007 01:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Two questions: !remotecommand and Messenger.MyContacts - by kaourika on 12-11-2007 at 08:05 PM
RE: Two questions: !remotecommand and Messenger.MyContacts - by markee on 12-12-2007 at 09:01 AM
RE: Two questions: !remotecommand and Messenger.MyContacts - by kaourika on 12-13-2007 at 12:31 AM
RE: Two questions: !remotecommand and Messenger.MyContacts - by ddunk on 12-13-2007 at 12:40 AM
RE: Two questions: !remotecommand and Messenger.MyContacts - by kaourika on 12-13-2007 at 01:19 AM
RE: Two questions: !remotecommand and Messenger.MyContacts - by pollolibredegrasa on 12-13-2007 at 01:29 AM
RE: Two questions: !remotecommand and Messenger.MyContacts - by kaourika on 12-13-2007 at 01:44 AM
RE: Two questions: !remotecommand and Messenger.MyContacts - by ShawnZ on 12-13-2007 at 01:46 AM
RE: Two questions: !remotecommand and Messenger.MyContacts - by kaourika on 12-13-2007 at 01:55 AM
RE: Two questions: !remotecommand and Messenger.MyContacts - by ShawnZ on 12-13-2007 at 02:31 AM
RE: Two questions: !remotecommand and Messenger.MyContacts - by kaourika on 12-13-2007 at 03:53 AM
RE: Two questions: !remotecommand and Messenger.MyContacts - by markee on 12-13-2007 at 11:12 PM
RE: Two questions: !remotecommand and Messenger.MyContacts - by CookieRevised on 12-13-2007 at 11:41 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: