What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [split] Version numbers: 4.5 vs. 4.50

[split] Version numbers: 4.5 vs. 4.50
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [split] Version numbers: 4.5 vs. 4.50
So you're saying and assuming that everybody who reads it on the main page sees it as a number with a decimal point and/or doesn't care about it?

This is not the case; there are also people who do know about proper version number formatting (without reading this thread) and do care about it.

In fact, one must actually read this thread to understand what the 4.5 actually means. Even those who still see it as a version number didn't even know that it was meant to be the milestone (or branding or revolution or whatever you call it) four and a half!!!

Thus my point was to make it so that there is no confusing for anybody, including those who don't know about version numbers, including those who don't care about it and including those who do know about version numbers (and including those who see it as a brand name).

This can only be accomplished if you show 4.50...

The reason why I personally made such a fuss about it is because if people are constantly going to ignore these facts or do as if it doesn't matter, nobody would ever learn how to use version numbering properly. I know there are more important things in the world. But simply stating "who cares" or ignoring it isn't helping either. Why would you do/make something which can be seen as confusing to some people, while you can make it not-confusing for everybody, with the same amount of effort?

This post was edited on 12-26-2007 at 12:28 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-26-2007 12:18 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: