What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Problem: Will not set away

Problem: Will not set away
Author: Message:
oneoflittleharmony

O.P. RE: RE: Problem: Will not set away
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
It must change your status to Away normally if you don't touch mouse or keyboard for a while (you know you set that delay in Options). But also switching to Welcome screen of Windows changes your status to Away if you checked the option mentioned above. So can you give that a try?

But when you come back, your status will be set back immediately, so you may miss the change even if it set it to Away when you are on Welcome Screen. To make sure you don't miss anything, you can install Messenger Plus! and look at its Event Viewer window if your status changed to Away when you locked your Windows session with Windows Logo key+L.

Or you can sign in with another ID on another Windows account and check your original account's status.

Can you report back what happens when you do this?

Sorry, for some reason, the white/blue thing made me miss your post.

It does go to idle when I press Win+L

I have Plus right now, and as far as I know, this problem was only, apparent when I had plus.

Delay is set to 10 minutes, option is set, it does not happen if I sit and wait for it to happen.

I have approximately 83 processes running. (including system/local)

Programs that run in the systray that came with the computer are: symantic anti-virus (enterprise edition, not exactly sure why it came with this), synaptics pointing device, all of the shit that comes with windows vista home premium, intel graphics media accelerator drive for mobile, realtek HD audio manager, and two programs from acer called launch manager and acer eNet management.

Installed programs that run when started are: AIM, MSN (plus), Google Talk, and I'm usually running No-Name Script 4.

As for processes that are not system/local, I am enclosing a screen shot, the one process that is not shown is firefox. 

[Image: 8fevkmx.jpg]

Edit: I have no idea how this post moved here, it was originally in help and support.

This post was edited on 01-10-2008 at 09:54 PM by oneoflittleharmony.
01-10-2008 09:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Problem: Will not set away - by oneoflittleharmony on 12-24-2007 at 06:15 PM
RE: Problem: Will not set away - by ahmetgns on 12-27-2007 at 01:26 PM
RE: RE: Problem: Will not set away - by oneoflittleharmony on 01-10-2008 at 09:48 PM
RE: Problem: Will not set away - by CookieRevised on 12-27-2007 at 02:36 PM
RE: RE: Problem: Will not set away - by oneoflittleharmony on 12-28-2007 at 01:21 AM
RE: Problem: Will not set away - by djdannyp on 12-28-2007 at 01:26 AM
RE: Problem: Will not set away - by ahmetgns on 12-28-2007 at 08:18 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: