What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » My pc keeps freezing for no reason, can anyone please help?

My pc keeps freezing for no reason, can anyone please help?
Author: Message:
Aeryn

– / Female / –
RE: My pc keeps freezing for no reason, can anyone please help?
This sounds very similar to what had been happening to my PC (I had XP Home, though). And I don't have a clear idea of why exactly it happened, either.

My PC would also just randomly start lagging, freezing, and the programs that connect to the Internet would just not respond. It seems that for me it also started often when I clicked on some system tray icon - or maybe I just noticed it there first, I don't know -, so the system tray and taskbar often froze completely too. And of course, the only way I could get out of this situation was resetting the PC.

I don't have any dodgy programs or viruses etc on my PC either, but I suspected this freezing happened because my Windows installation was over three years old, and as I've heard, they don't work that well after some time. About five days ago I formatted and reinstalled XP (Pro version this time), and now I'm waiting to see if the freezing will occur again. So far it hasn't, but I guess it's too early to tell. I'm sorry that I can't be of much help other than saying you're not the only one with a freezing problem... :(

This post was edited on 02-01-2008 at 11:51 AM by Aeryn.
02-01-2008 11:49 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
My pc keeps freezing for no reason, can anyone please help? - by special_edition200 on 02-01-2008 at 05:54 AM
RE: My pc keeps freezing for no reason, can anyone please help? - by Aeryn on 02-01-2008 at 11:49 AM
RE: My pc keeps freezing for no reason, can anyone please help? - by Shippo on 02-01-2008 at 03:04 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: