What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Text files, share-able variables?

Text files, share-able variables?
Author: Message:
Shadowmancer

Bender of the Shadow magicks.

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Text files, share-able variables?
I've got quite a good experience with computer games in both 2 and 3D written using C++ and Direct X. First game I ever made was a simple Pong game XD. I'm currently developing a 3rd person shooter with a few friends of mine, some very interesting results so far.

But enough on that,

This is strictly a PvP/1p training game. Not an adventure XD. I don't have the patience to create adventures >.>... While it is true that this will be my first messanger attempt at a game, it is essentially variable manipulation and that is all.

1: Both players ping the other of their stats. The other's stats are stored in var's.
2: First turn decided via speed or reaction var.
3: Type of attack, damage type, and base damage sent to other player.
4: Resistance to attack (armor, magic resist, etc) and damage reduc. calc's taken place. Message reports damage reduc and final damage taken.
5: Var's updated on both ends to reflect the one ended combat turn.

As for cheaters.. meh.. Worry about that later. I do like the idea of a chat-bot, however I do not know how to work with messanger well enough to make this feasible.
02-23-2008 03:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Text files, share-able variables? - by Shadowmancer on 02-22-2008 at 10:20 PM
RE: Text files, share-able variables? - by warmth on 02-22-2008 at 10:54 PM
RE: Text files, share-able variables? - by Shadowmancer on 02-22-2008 at 10:58 PM
RE: Text files, share-able variables? - by Spunky on 02-23-2008 at 12:10 AM
RE: Text files, share-able variables? - by Shadowmancer on 02-23-2008 at 01:16 AM
RE: Text files, share-able variables? - by CookieRevised on 02-23-2008 at 09:30 AM
RE: Text files, share-able variables? - by Shadowmancer on 02-23-2008 at 03:37 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: