What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista

Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista
Author: Message:
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista
quote:
Originally posted by blackjack
Then implement this

[Image: browsebyostd2.jpg]

Then everyone is happy ;) you should find what you want faster.

And sorry for the crappy button :P i just made it as an example

And why the windows logo there? tell me.. Is there Plus! for any other OS?
:P!

Maybe not as a button, but sort them by os, too :)
Or you could just hide the scripts that aren't compatible....

I agree with Cookie entirely, XP is used by a lot more people.  The Neowin tech site has many people that like to have the latest in technology and if it is that close among them, then the rest of the community are even less likely to have it.

I personally am not planning on even looking at moving over until next year, hopefully by that stage MS will have improved it to a reasonable level.  Service Pack 3 for XP is going to keep a lot of people using the product as well.

Scripts should be compatible with every version of Windows in a perfect world, but I personally believe that we need to cull the scripts that are poorly coded before we get rid of those that are only compatible with XP.  And I reiterate what I have said in numerous places, scripts should be made to be on the scripts forum first so that problems with the code can first be fixed and the code reviewed (well at least the opportunity).  We have many people around here that do that already with whatever they see.

Further, many developers don't have vista and as such cannot test to see that their script works, and they aren't aware of any possible problems as they have never coded for it.  I guess this is further reason to make sure that there are threads for each and every script in the database....
[Image: markee.png]
03-04-2008 02:54 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by riahc4 on 03-03-2008 at 10:48 PM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by vikke on 03-03-2008 at 11:03 PM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by Spunky on 03-03-2008 at 11:08 PM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by riahc4 on 03-03-2008 at 11:09 PM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by Spunky on 03-03-2008 at 11:19 PM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by CookieRevised on 03-03-2008 at 11:21 PM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by Patchou on 03-04-2008 at 12:01 AM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by CookieRevised on 03-04-2008 at 12:26 AM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by CookieRevised on 03-04-2008 at 01:03 AM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by Naruto-SR on 03-04-2008 at 01:54 AM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by blackjack on 03-04-2008 at 02:23 AM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by markee on 03-04-2008 at 02:54 AM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by Patchou on 03-04-2008 at 05:56 AM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by vikke on 03-24-2008 at 05:31 PM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by CookieRevised on 03-24-2008 at 06:01 PM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by riahc4 on 03-24-2008 at 09:02 PM
RE: RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vi - by CookieRevised on 03-24-2008 at 09:47 PM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by Spunky on 03-24-2008 at 09:14 PM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by Nagamasa on 03-24-2008 at 09:15 PM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by riahc4 on 03-24-2008 at 09:17 PM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by MeEtc on 03-24-2008 at 09:32 PM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by riahc4 on 03-24-2008 at 11:20 PM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by Spunky on 03-24-2008 at 11:38 PM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by CookieRevised on 03-24-2008 at 11:59 PM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by riahc4 on 03-25-2008 at 12:36 AM
Letter to Riahc4 - by vikke on 03-25-2008 at 03:51 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: