What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista

Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista
Author: Message:
vikke

31 / Male / Flag
Letter to Riahc4
[Moderator edit: post moved here from a separate thread]

First off, I'm sorry for having to write this, but I didn't have time to finish my sentence on this topic. Remember, I don't want to get in a fight or something. I think we had an interesting talk, and I would love to continue it (maybe create a forum just about this topic).

So where shall we start? You accuse me of not knowing what a stable computer is. You accuse me of running a pirate version of Windows, something I should never have done (I'm a software developer, and knows that piracy is one of the worst things you could do). And you say I'm talking bullshit. You cannot treat me like that, and I did definitely not treat you the same way or deserve these words. It seems you cannot handle this situation.
I know the topic was closed for a reason, but I couldn't accept the way he was treating me.

Now on Vista, I used the words "less stable than XP", maybe that was the wrong words to say, because you didn't accept them. What I actually meant by stable was about everything, programs, drivers, games, and the actual OS. VB6 DLLs, for an example, are very common today, even if it's old technology. Actually it's the most used kind of DLLs used for ActiveX components. It's like removing support for CRTs totally from Windows, because these screens has been there for 10 years (this might be a little overkill, but you get the idea). Still Microsoft has been working a lot on compatibility with this version and previous ones, with compatibility modes, 16-bit mode etc.

quote:
You do the exact same thing in OSX/Unix/most other operating systems. Whenever you do something that modifies system settings a dialog comes up "Accept or reject" and if you are not a admin, you must type a admin password and press "Accept or reject" Now because Windows does it, its wrong?
And I just renamed a folder. Guess how many UAC's came up? 0.
Dont know what pirate beta you are using but stop spreading BS.
I don't think it's right because other operative systems does this as well, not at all, that was not what I meant. Tell you what, if the UAC came up with 0 dialogs when you renamed the file, then it must have a bug, and isn't working properly (try Windows Update). I'm serious about this.

quote:
Like I said: Id like for scripts to be forced to work on both Vista/XP but if not I perfer a more modern, stable, better, improved, and technologically advanced OS which is Vista.
I get the feeling that you were ironic when you wrote this message, but it turns out you were not ironic at all. I think we can say that Vista is about as stable as XP is, but people seems to have problems with it still today (trust me, I've helped a lot of friends installing games not working).

In the topic, you said that I didn't know anything about computers, and you ask Patchou like a god, please make all scripts work with Vista. You seem to have forgotten that he's not a god, and there's a reason they don't work on Vista, and that is because Vista simply doesn't accept them. So it's the Vista-users fault, for using Vista (I know the users can't help it).

quote:
Really? So your posting on a forum and yet dont know how to make your PC stable? Amazing...
There's no rule on the forums which say you must know how to make your PC stable, not at all. It seems you haven't read the rules after all, that would  also explain your reputation points. You're simply not welcome here.

By the way, I was using a Vista beta, but I'm a MSDN subscriber, so please, shut up about stuff you don't know anything about!

This post was edited on 03-25-2008 at 07:31 PM by WDZ.
4 8 15 16 23 42
03-25-2008 03:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by riahc4 on 03-03-2008 at 10:48 PM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by vikke on 03-03-2008 at 11:03 PM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by Spunky on 03-03-2008 at 11:08 PM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by riahc4 on 03-03-2008 at 11:09 PM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by Spunky on 03-03-2008 at 11:19 PM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by CookieRevised on 03-03-2008 at 11:21 PM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by Patchou on 03-04-2008 at 12:01 AM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by CookieRevised on 03-04-2008 at 12:26 AM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by CookieRevised on 03-04-2008 at 01:03 AM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by Naruto-SR on 03-04-2008 at 01:54 AM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by blackjack on 03-04-2008 at 02:23 AM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by markee on 03-04-2008 at 02:54 AM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by Patchou on 03-04-2008 at 05:56 AM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by vikke on 03-24-2008 at 05:31 PM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by CookieRevised on 03-24-2008 at 06:01 PM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by riahc4 on 03-24-2008 at 09:02 PM
RE: RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vi - by CookieRevised on 03-24-2008 at 09:47 PM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by Spunky on 03-24-2008 at 09:14 PM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by Nagamasa on 03-24-2008 at 09:15 PM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by riahc4 on 03-24-2008 at 09:17 PM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by MeEtc on 03-24-2008 at 09:32 PM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by riahc4 on 03-24-2008 at 11:20 PM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by Spunky on 03-24-2008 at 11:38 PM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by CookieRevised on 03-24-2008 at 11:59 PM
RE: Modify Messenger Plus!'s scripting API so that ALL scripts work on both XP/Vista - by riahc4 on 03-25-2008 at 12:36 AM
Letter to Riahc4 - by vikke on 03-25-2008 at 03:51 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: