What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [?] CustomLook Images & Resize

[?] CustomLook Images & Resize
Author: Message:
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
RE: [?] CustomLook Images & Resize
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
what isn't supported?

I need to understand more clearly what you want to do. From my understanding, all you need is a custom look button with a picture element in it with a size declared as being dynamic if the button's size changes when the window is resized. If that does not answer your particular problem, pleaes give more information and I'll tell you if it is, indeed, supported or not :).
From my understanding, he wants to change the image of an ImageElement in a ButtonControl's custom look in runtime.
quote:
Originally posted by markee
I think you might need to look at usig some GDI+ stuff.
I highly doubt that GDI/GDI+ will help you here. In Log Manager and the upcoming Countdown Live 2, I use GDI/GDI+ to make a HBITMAP from a GIF/PNG/... file and pass that to a Win32 API which handles the drawing itself.

When you want to use GDI/GDI+ to draw the button yourself, you'd have to register the owner-draw notification and do the drawing on the parent window yourself. As far as I know, this is a very difficult way to do it and I don't think Plus! even supports it. And in my opinion, there shouldn't be any reason why Plus! should support it.

quote:
Originally posted by markee
I think matty also used it in one of his scripts (Screenshot Sender 4?).
Nope, I stole his code to initialize and quit GDI+ and based my stuff on his. He's the one who does magic with GDI and GDI+. :)

My suggestion: Patchou should give us some control over the CustomLook elements of buttons / radio buttons / check box buttons. The image resizing should then be handled the way it's handled when the window is generated from the interface XML.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
03-17-2008 05:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
[?] CustomLook Images & Resize - by Spunky on 03-16-2008 at 08:38 PM
RE: [?] CustomLook Images & Resize - by mynetx on 03-16-2008 at 08:43 PM
RE: [?] CustomLook Images & Resize - by Spunky on 03-16-2008 at 08:46 PM
RE: [?] CustomLook Images & Resize - by markee on 03-16-2008 at 11:42 PM
RE: [?] CustomLook Images & Resize - by Patchou on 03-17-2008 at 07:21 AM
RE: [?] CustomLook Images & Resize - by Matti on 03-17-2008 at 05:08 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode