What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Sending a message to the focused window only

Sending a message to the focused window only
Author: Message:
kaourika

34 / Female / –
O.P. RE: Sending a message to the focused window only
Thanks for the response, matty. :D

Dang, that's what I was afraid of.

Well, this is essentially how it works:
1. a main menu is opened either from the script menu or a command.
2. BUT... On the main menu, there are several buttons to reach other windows -- for example, the inventory.
3. When one of these buttons is clicked, it destroys the main window and creates the inventory window. I had to do it like this because I couldn't get the child wnds to work for me, and each different window is really complex; I didn't really want to deal with everything cluttered into one massive XML file. =/ And this is the the xml window I'll need to be sending text from. (among with other similar "sub" windows, like the store, the kitchen, and so on.)

So basically, even though the main xml window is reached via the script menu or command, subsequent windows, such as the inventory, are not. D: I suppose it won't be possible, then, to send messages from these?

Also, when you say "will likely be the top window", does likely just mean 'sometimes,' or 'almost always unless there's some freakish bug' ? =P
04-11-2008 07:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Sending a message to the focused window only - by kaourika on 04-11-2008 at 12:47 AM
RE: Sending a message to the focused window only - by matty on 04-11-2008 at 01:42 AM
RE: Sending a message to the focused window only - by kaourika on 04-11-2008 at 07:36 AM
RE: Sending a message to the focused window only - by MeEtc on 04-11-2008 at 07:40 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: