What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » I want to get into lossless music what's the best option for me?

I want to get into lossless music what's the best option for me?
Author: Message:
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. I want to get into lossless music what's the best option for me?
Well I've happily been pootling away with 128-320kbps MP3's from Window Media Player for a while now, but today I heard Tarja - My Winter Storm album in Ape lossless codec and loved the lossless quality, but WMP apart from lossless WMA can't support other encoders (yeah I know it can use codecs but that's not what I'm after)

After research it appears FLAC is the most common and favoured lossless format so I downloaded FLAC frontend didn't like it, I wanted to rip straight from CD.
So I got EAC couldn't get my head around stuff, didn't like it, eg GUI and customization was minimal or at least I couldn't find it.

Now Media Monkey looks real nice (from screenshots and description) but I wanted your opinions, is it worth it for all that added HDD space? Is there another CD->Flac importer which is nice easy customizable and what not, I have all my MP3's tagged up with album art and multiple artists/genres per track in WMP using the ; divider etc so would really appreciate something that supports that style of customization too

So yeah what's the audiophiles in here opinions and recommendations for me?

Oh yeah I have a Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty XtremeGamer soundcard and 7.1 Sound System too, so multichannel stuff is all good.
Also I'd absolutely love the player to be able to convert music, and import to my Zen V-Plus MP3 player (even more amazing would be to convert the songs to a lesser quality format when importing like you can on WMP)

This post was edited on 04-20-2008 at 02:50 PM by aNILEator.
04-20-2008 02:43 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
I want to get into lossless music what's the best option for me? - by aNILEator on 04-20-2008 at 02:43 PM
RE: I want to get into lossless music what's the best option for me? - by GiantSpider on 04-20-2008 at 02:52 PM
RE: I want to get into lossless music what's the best option for me? - by vaccination on 04-20-2008 at 02:58 PM
RE: I want to get into lossless music what's the best option for me? - by Jesus on 04-20-2008 at 03:14 PM
RE: I want to get into lossless music what's the best option for me? - by aNILEator on 04-20-2008 at 03:17 PM
RE: I want to get into lossless music what's the best option for me? - by GiantSpider on 04-20-2008 at 03:30 PM
RE: I want to get into lossless music what's the best option for me? - by ShawnZ on 04-20-2008 at 03:31 PM
RE: I want to get into lossless music what's the best option for me? - by vaccination on 04-20-2008 at 04:15 PM
RE: I want to get into lossless music what's the best option for me? - by Chancer on 04-20-2008 at 05:42 PM
RE: I want to get into lossless music what's the best option for me? - by Ezra on 04-20-2008 at 05:51 PM
RE: I want to get into lossless music what's the best option for me? - by Voldemort on 04-20-2008 at 07:10 PM
RE: I want to get into lossless music what's the best option for me? - by MeEtc on 04-20-2008 at 08:58 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: