What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » To all Quebec Residents

To all Quebec Residents
Author: Message:
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. To all Quebec Residents
I usually don't use the forum to spread ideals which I believe in, but I also am not usally the kind of guy who cares much about the environnement; laziness is to blame.

On Earth day, which was a little while back, I decided to take a little resolution which seemed to not ask that much efforts, but also helps both me and the environnement.

The resolution was to change all of the house's light bulbs to CFL (Compact Fluorescent Lights) bulbs, an action which would take about an hour of my time, a little of my paycheck, but something that would mostly help keeping the earth a  little greener by lowering my house's power comsomption and getting my electricity bills to also drop.

So I went to Reno-Depot, expecting to pay around 50$, which turned out to only be 28$ taxes included, for 12 bulbs; which were enough to change all of my basement (yeah, I might need about 5 more for upstairs). I installed them coming back from work, to notice that it is true what they say: they do look whiter.

For the people who don't know much about CFL (including myself) here are some of the benifits :

http://www.onebillionbulbs.com/Learn

Anyways, the cool part of the story is :
I'm telling my friend about me changing the bulbs, and he asks me if I got the rebate from Hydro Quebec, so I; suprised, asked what he's talking about until he points me to this : http://www.hydroquebec.com/residential/eclairage/...uocompactes_en.pdf

It basically gives you 50% back of your CFL purchases up to 25$ in an in mail.
So if I do get another box of 12 (which would actually be too much for me really, but let's say I do) I would only have payed 28$ taxes in, and will have changed the lights, which are guarenteed to last 7 years, and average a saving of 677$ for 12 bulbs.

A briefer story : 28$ to help lower power comsumption, change 24 lights in your house for 7 years, while maintaining the electric bill lower. And you're helping the planet.

What are you waiting for?!

04-29-2008 04:01 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
To all Quebec Residents - by albert on 04-29-2008 at 04:01 AM
RE: To all Quebec Residents - by Voldemort on 04-29-2008 at 04:07 AM
RE: To all Quebec Residents - by Adeptus on 04-29-2008 at 05:10 AM
RE: To all Quebec Residents - by albert on 04-29-2008 at 05:16 AM
RE: To all Quebec Residents - by Phillip on 04-29-2008 at 08:10 AM
RE: To all Quebec Residents - by aNILEator on 04-29-2008 at 08:20 AM
RE: To all Quebec Residents - by MeEtc on 04-29-2008 at 08:22 AM