What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » msnmsgr.exe - Entry Point Not Found

msnmsgr.exe - Entry Point Not Found
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: msnmsgr.exe - Entry Point Not Found
I actually doubt that this is a fault in Messenger or in Messenger Plus! itself. There isn't such an entry anywhere in either program nor its libraries.... So I doubt that reinstalling those will help.

PS: Messenger will use kernel32.dll by default, just like almost every program will.

The thing you need to find out is what causes Messenger to call a misspelled function. And since I can't find any reference of "rmmove..." in most of Messenger's versions or its libraries I suspect some injected code or code which is exacuted from within the Messenger process (eg: scripts)

Granted, I didn't checked everything and every version though.

quote:
Originally posted by Justin
I doubt this will help but it's worth a read.
http://www.5starsupport.com/info/kernel32.htm
This isn't an error from kernel32.dll. That link is interesting but doesn't have anything todo with the presented error here; his kernel32.dll is fine. The error comes from Messenger and clearly states that some process in Messenger attempted to call a function which doesn't exists.

-------------------------------

[OFF TOPIC]
quote:
Originally posted by roflmao456
notice how my task manager has nothing in the user name column.
That can be quite normal and happens when the Terminal Service isn't started. By default this services' startup type is set to Automatic and is started.

To set it like it was by default:
1) Start > Run > Services.msc
2) Locate 'Terminal Services' and double click it to go to its properties
3) Set the Startup type to 'Automatic', and click 'Apply'
4) Now click the 'Start' button on that dialog to start the service

Note: you can also set it to 'Manual' if you wish. In that case it's only started when it's needed.

[/OFF TOPIC]

This post was edited on 05-07-2008 at 08:53 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-07-2008 07:20 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
msnmsgr.exe - Entry Point Not Found - by roflmao456 on 05-05-2008 at 11:14 PM
RE: msnmsgr.exe - Entry Point Not Found - by CookieRevised on 05-05-2008 at 11:36 PM
RE: msnmsgr.exe - Entry Point Not Found - by roflmao456 on 05-05-2008 at 11:47 PM
RE: msnmsgr.exe - Entry Point Not Found - by CookieRevised on 05-05-2008 at 11:59 PM
RE: msnmsgr.exe - Entry Point Not Found - by roflmao456 on 05-07-2008 at 12:19 PM
RE: msnmsgr.exe - Entry Point Not Found - by Justin on 05-07-2008 at 01:28 PM
RE: msnmsgr.exe - Entry Point Not Found - by andrewdodd13 on 05-07-2008 at 04:26 PM
RE: msnmsgr.exe - Entry Point Not Found - by CookieRevised on 05-07-2008 at 07:20 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: