What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » 2 accounts 2 questions.

2 accounts 2 questions.
Author: Message:
TweakerX

O.P. RE: 2 accounts 2 questions.
The news so far looks most promising...Thank you for your prompt and efficient responses.   I will try these this evening after work and post the outcome.   I should also note that if anyone has anything to add to the proceedings i would be most happy to receive additional information.

UPDATE:  Unfortunatly I was not able to get MSN+L to open both accounts at start up...With poligami i received thee falsemsnmsgr.exe. Error.  The two fixes i tried did not work for me.  Although after reading a bit more in the forrum it seems a combination of dual start up and separate skin is a rather difficult task, reweighing my options i think i would prefer separate skins 
over the dual boot.

pollolibredegrasa very useful yet somewhat cryptic post seems just the thing, Further reading provided the below little nugget of understanding i needed to utilize it.

quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
Messenger Plus! Live adds a command line parameter to Messenger which allows you to launch with a particular skin, so you can create two seperate shortcuts, one with the skin and one without.

The locations the shortcuts need to point to are as follows:
(these need to be changed where appropriate if Messenger is installed in a different location)
code:
"C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /PlusSkin="Sweeney Todd"
"C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /PlusSkin=""
Now you just need a way to make sure your mother only launches the bottom one ;)

Huzah!! All thats left is to change the icon on my copy to something no one will click.

Thanks again to all who contributed herein.

This post was edited on 05-29-2008 at 08:10 AM by TweakerX.
05-27-2008 09:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
2 accounts 2 questions. - by TweakerX on 05-27-2008 at 09:02 AM
RE: 2 accounts 2 questions. - by user27089 on 05-27-2008 at 12:46 PM
RE: 2 accounts 2 questions. - by Th3rmal on 05-27-2008 at 12:49 PM
RE: 2 accounts 2 questions. - by matty on 05-27-2008 at 01:19 PM
RE: RE: 2 accounts 2 questions. - by pollolibredegrasa on 05-27-2008 at 01:40 PM
RE: 2 accounts 2 questions. - by TweakerX on 05-27-2008 at 09:08 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: