What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Is my NOD32 scanning transfer files?

Is my NOD32 scanning transfer files?
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Is my NOD32 scanning transfer files?
quote:
Originally posted by Magneto
Let me get this straight...I used the cmd line originally like Dreamsilver and took out the %1 tag. I scanned a file and the cmd flashed and then that was it.

Is a log only generated in my ESET NOD32 folder if there is a virus or corrupt file?

2)Will you be able to see details of the scan if you use Butcher's batch file? and just changeing the echo error,removing the exit and leaving the pause to see the result? Removing the base-dir paramater as mentioned.

3)So no batch file is needed just a cmd to pause and log? Is this correct? thnx for all help in advance :) I'm getting frustrated :S
1) I don't know. If it isn't you most likely will be able to add a parameter to the command line (or in the batch file) which will log everything. I don't know the NOD32 parameters, so you must look for yourself in the help files.

Also note the /no-log-all parameter, which dreamsilver used. This will have something todo with it. I would be very surprised if their wasn't a parameter to create a log file....

2) I don't know. Again, this could depend on the parameters you enter at the command line. There will most likely be a parameter which tells the command line scanner to pauze and/or ask for user-input when a virus is found.

When you use such a parameter, a batch file would become almost useless.

Though I strongly suspect that the parameter /auto or /action=clean, which dreamsilver used, prevents any pauze and prompt. I think the /auto parameter will automatically clean stuff. If this is so, then it is a parameter which should be used with great care! Automatic cleaning is not always a good thing (eg: you might damage files which have had a false warning). It is far better to let the scanner prompt for action.

If there isn't a parameter to let it prompt for action (I strongly doubt that though), then it might also be possible that the command line scanner returns DOS errorlevel codes, which could then be used in a batch file to pauze the output when a virus is found or do other stuff depending on what was scanned and found.

3) Completely depends on what the command line scanner can do on its own, and on what you want to do.

-----

The best advice I can give is to read the help files and documents of the command line scanner. They will explain everything and show you what each parameter is for >
ecls /help or ecls /? or ecls -help or ecls -h or ecls -?
(one of those will most likely show you a list of command line parameters and their uses)

PS: eventhough you could probably do everything from the command line (thus without a batch file), it might be handy if you still create a batch file so that you can use the command line scanner from anywhere on your hard disk. This because the command line scanner from NOD32 requires that the virus definitions can be found in the same current directory. Thus doing something like:
   C:\>  C:\Program Files\NOD32\ecls.exe
will not work.

Hence why I suggested to Butcher_ss to use the "%~dp0" batch file parameter to automatically extract the startup path which then can be used as a parameter for /base-dir. See note 2 in my previous post.

This post was edited on 07-28-2008 at 11:51 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-28-2008 10:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Is my NOD32 scanning transfer files? - by Dreamsilver on 07-14-2008 at 09:36 AM
RE: Is my NOD32 scanning transfer files? - by Spunky on 07-14-2008 at 07:48 PM
RE: Is my NOD32 scanning transfer files? - by Butcher_ss on 07-21-2008 at 04:16 AM
RE: Is my NOD32 scanning transfer files? - by CookieRevised on 07-21-2008 at 10:03 AM
RE: Is my NOD32 scanning transfer files? - by Magneto on 07-28-2008 at 09:22 PM
RE: Is my NOD32 scanning transfer files? - by CookieRevised on 07-28-2008 at 10:49 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: