What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Vista laptop problem.

Vista laptop problem.
Author: Message:
Dillan.

30 / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Vista laptop problem.
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
You can format your laptop by putting your windows cd into it (or perhaps a recovery cd that may have come with it to restore it to factory settings)

then enter the bios (during the pre start-up routing there will be an "F" button to press to get into 'bios' or 'setup', sometimes F2) and make sure that it is set to "Boot from CD" and then when it restarts you can press a button to make it boot from the cd and this will launch the facilities on the cd to format your laptop and reinstall windows
I've tried putting the windows/recovery disk into it, and entered the bios, and set it to boot from the disk but I've had no luck.
When I tried it, it didn't launch the facilities on the disk so I could format it at all.

quote:
Originally posted by Jarrod
ok here's my 2 cents, a format probably isn't needed, a windows repair should fix it with out the loss of any data,
you should never turn a computer off while it's installing something especially an operating system update

also the bios access will probably be f2 or delete and the one time boot menu on a dell should be f12
Hm, thanks. I'll give it a try.

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort

quote:
Originally posted by Jarrod
you should never turn a computer off while it's installing something especially an operating system update

No need to make the font size that big, y'know, I can read, and I know I shouldn't have turned it off, but it was pretty urgent on why I had to go, otherwise I wouldn't have turned it off...
09-27-2008 03:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Vista laptop problem. - by Dillan. on 09-27-2008 at 07:53 AM
RE: Vista laptop problem. - by djdannyp on 09-27-2008 at 10:53 AM
RE: Vista laptop problem. - by Jarrod on 09-27-2008 at 01:04 PM
RE: RE: Vista laptop problem. - by Dillan. on 09-27-2008 at 03:39 PM
RE: Vista laptop problem. - by ShawnZ on 09-27-2008 at 03:46 PM
RE: RE: Vista laptop problem. - by djdannyp on 09-27-2008 at 03:50 PM
RE: Vista laptop problem. - by Jarrod on 09-27-2008 at 11:21 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode