What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Wireless internet

Wireless internet
Author: Message:
Divine Dragon

Choice.

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Wireless internet
Your questions:

How does wireless work?
Wireless internet is actually quite simple to understand. Large transmitting towers send out wireless data signals, similar to the way in which a mobile phone network works, these signals are picked up by the receiving device in your computer, and are interpreted as the internet.

What do i need to get a wireless network?
If your planning on getting a complete wireless internet connection, you wont need anything but the receiving devices in your PC and/or laptop. But from what I've gathered, you want a wireless network, which is local to you only. You will need a modem and a router with wireless functionality. You can get a wireless modem/router but I consider the 2 put together to be more hassle than buying them separately, also you already have a modem so thats all fine and well.

Check to make sure that the laptop you plan to connect has a built in wireless adapter. It will make things a lot easier (and cheaper) than buying and installing a separate one. All you need then is a wireless adapter for your PC. Ask any PC hardware sales person for help with buying them, you wont need one thats too expensive and fancy, just get one that works (Same goes for your laptop).

What is the best wireless router to buy?
I may not be the best person to answer that question, as I have not done any real research into wireless routers, but from what I've read recently the Linksys WRT54GL Wireless-G router seems to be a solid choice, it's price is around an acceptable $70 as well. Feel free to correct me on this people.

Why am i single?
Again, not easy to answer. I've looked at your profile and there's not much to go on. If your avatar is a picture of yourself (which I suspect) then you shouldn't worry too much, and I'm sure you'll meet someone sooner or later.

Hope this helps, If you have any more specific questions about the topic, feel free to contact me.:)

This post was edited on 10-01-2008 at 09:45 PM by Divine Dragon.
10-01-2008 09:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Wireless internet - by vincerooney on 09-30-2008 at 05:21 PM
RE: Wireless internet - by djdannyp on 09-30-2008 at 05:45 PM
RE: Wireless internet - by vaccination on 09-30-2008 at 06:07 PM
RE: Wireless internet - by Menthix on 09-30-2008 at 06:32 PM
RE: RE: Wireless internet - by davidpolitis on 10-01-2008 at 08:38 PM
RE: Wireless internet - by Divine Dragon on 10-01-2008 at 09:34 PM
RE: RE: Wireless internet - by davidpolitis on 10-01-2008 at 11:06 PM
RE: RE: RE: Wireless internet - by Divine Dragon on 10-01-2008 at 11:50 PM