What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Contact PSM Change not detected by Plus!

Contact PSM Change not detected by Plus!
Author: Message:
ArkaneArkade

The One and Only

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. Contact PSM Change not detected by Plus!
Hey,
I'm not sure that this quite classes as a bug, and I'm also not positive that my figuring is right on what causes it, so apologies for any inconvenience etc.

Basically I've been trying to write a script to put my 360 games in my PSM, by mimicing the PSM of my 360 messe4nger account.  Problem is that Plus! doesn't actually detect PSM changes from a 360.

I used a packet sniffer to try to figure out the problem myself, and think I may have uncovered it, but as I said, I could be entirely wrong.
This is sanippet of the packet log, first from my account on PC, and second from same account on 360.
code:
UBX email@hotmail.com 1 126  <Data><PSM>Personal Message</PSM><CurrentMedia></CurrentMedia><MachineGuid>{36790E0E-0AB4-4131-81C9-7C52594DF097}</MachineGuid></Data>
code:
UBX email@hotmail.com 1 234  <Data><PSM>Personal Message</PSM><CurrentMedia></CurrentMedia><PSMURL>http://live.xbox.com/profile/profile.aspx?GamerTag=Stefan+Leroux&appid=messenger</PSMURL><SiteID>66262</SiteID><MachineGuid></MachineGuid></Data>

As you can see from it the only obvious differences are that the 360 has a <PSMURL> and <SiteID>, but a blank <MachineGuid>, whereas the PC has the opposite.
I hope this is fixable, since I have a script I'd love to make for Vista, but isn't currently possible.
Thanks, and hope this is the right place.
Leroux

This post was edited on 10-19-2008 at 04:29 AM by ArkaneArkade.
[Image: adsig.jpg]
10-19-2008 04:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Contact PSM Change not detected by Plus! - by ArkaneArkade on 10-19-2008 at 04:26 AM
RE: Contact PSM Change not detected by Plus! - by Spunky on 10-19-2008 at 11:15 AM
RE: Contact PSM Change not detected by Plus! - by ArkaneArkade on 10-19-2008 at 02:02 PM
RE: Contact PSM Change not detected by Plus! - by Spunky on 10-19-2008 at 05:54 PM
RE: RE: Contact PSM Change not detected by Plus! - by ArkaneArkade on 10-19-2008 at 11:31 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: